Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feds trying to shut down nation's largest cannabis health center.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feds trying to shut down nation's largest cannabis health center.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly...9759/#51589759

Watch the video because it is a pretty high tech operation and they go out of their way to not service the people who just want to get high and instead specialize in low THC strains that are also high in CBD (stuff that has medical properties) plus they not only limit quantities to sold to a max of one ounce but they also distribute free plants to customers in the medical network. Even the Feds admit it is the most professional and scientifically based dispensary they have seen but they're still trying to shut it down.

Interestingly, Harborside Medical is one of the top 10 tax paying businesses in the city of Oakland, CA as well as a large local employer; they offer above average salaries, health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, and education assistance in a city which mostly has a lot of low paid retail and restaurant jobs. The city has some pretty high taxes specifically for medical MJ but the companies pay it hoping to show they're legit and have worth for the community as a whole. Listen to what some of the cancer patients have to say (there are other videos on that feed) especially about how it stopped their vomiting and how it restored appitite despite cancer treatment. As an added benefit the low THC, high CBD strain's cost about 1/10th the synthetic stuff which the Feds say people should buy from the big pharmaceutical companies plus patients can grow their own so it becomes virtually free.
    Last edited by Dinner; April 21, 2013, 07:18.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Now we have a ton of dispensaries near my house (Google says their are 9 with in 10 miles) but none of them are as professional as Harborside and instead are mostly catering to people who want to get high. I can kind of see shutting those places down or at least heavily regulating them but why go after what even the Feds admit is the best of the best wrt actual medical uses?

Comment

Maybe the Feds are mad that they can't get as high off the Harborside stuff?

Comment

"cannabis health"
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Yes, because stimulating the appetite of a cancer patient who can't eat is LOL

you are a ****ing waste of a human being HC

you have no soul
          Last edited by Sava; April 21, 2013, 10:34.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

In Colorado, gud ol' boys use pot smokers for target practice.
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Keeping MJ illegal now costs the Federal and state governments $20 billion per year. BTW legalizing it and taxing it would not only save that money but generate ~$8.7 billion per year if MJ was taxed the same as cigs. That just seems like a no brainer to me.

Comment

Medical marijuana is a joke; I know plenty of people from California who get medical marijuana for "depression" and all they do is get high. It's complete bull****.

Comment

Still, I'd rather be in a room full of stoners than a room full of drunks.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

So who do you blame? Oerdin is right. We're pissing away millions of dollars, both spent and potential revenue. It's stupid.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                      Medical marijuana is a joke; I know plenty of people from California who get medical marijuana for "depression" and all they do is get high. It's complete bull****.
                      No. You are complete bull****. You are a ****ing moron who doesn't know his ass from a whole in the ground.

My neighbor has MS. He can barely walk some days. Marijuana has analgesic properties that helps reduce pain in MS patients.

So go **** yourself. You are a worthless piece of **** just like HC.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Seriously. I can't understand how anyone can look at people who are going through unimaginable suffering and spout some ignorant bull****. I hope God give you two ********* cancer. When you are puking your guts out and can't eat for days due to radiation treatment... YOU TELL ME HOW MARIJUANA OFFERS NO MEDICAL BENEFIT

so yeah... I wish cancer upon HC and reg. Get cancer and suffer. Maybe that will teach you to have some empathy and humanity.

People like you are worthless. You are worthless scum.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Aren't you a stoner Sava? Why not just argue that it should be legal so you can get stoned? Get real.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

It should be. These are two different points. Marijuana has medicinal value. Marijuana should be completely legal.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              It should be. These are two different points. Marijuana has medicinal value. Marijuana should be completely legal.
                              Why is it different?
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                              X