How did you propose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you propose?

For those who are married, how did you propose to the love of your life? Was it something particularly creative? Any interesting story about the day of the proposal?

I found this really cool video of how one guy proposed to the love of his life.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Here-

Iona- a small island in the Inner Hebrides. The ancient burial ground of the Scottish kings, and where St Columba founded the Celtic church.

The actual spot was the beach shown in the final photo, and the question popped while walking back to the ferry.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Buy your non-gender-specific other a duck, then invite them to dance around said duck thrice. This symbolises your mutual commitment to the duck. The duck will feel very much complimented. The duck will invite you both for tea and mention in passing that you want to marry one another. The duck will be all knowing, a bit like a gypsy fortune-teller. Your career in the circus will be brief, but enjoyable. Make sure to schedule marriage around festivus to avoid a schedule conflict.
      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Would it be acceptable to use a chook instead of a duck?

Comment

Nothing spectacular here, more an agreement. Actually we are both not into the "paper" thing, but it is useful, so we did it. I let her call the register office and organize it too.
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
            Would it be acceptable to use a chook instead of a duck?
            Empirical studies on this subject are being conducted by our top men as we speak.
            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

I rang Mrs Horse up one day at work after not talking to her for about 3 or 4 months and moving to another country without giving a direct forwarding address or replying to her increasingly upset mail, my usual MO, expected her to say no and that would get me off the hook, the rest is history...
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                Here-

Iona- a small island in the Inner Hebrides. The ancient burial ground of the Scottish kings, and where St Columba founded the Celtic church.

The actual spot was the beach shown in the final photo, and the question popped while walking back to the ferry.
                aaaaww

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                  I rang Mrs Horse up one day at work after not talking to her for about 3 or 4 months and moving to another country without giving a direct forwarding address or replying to her increasingly upset mail, my usual MO, expected her to say no and that would get me off the hook, the rest is history...

Comment

I don't because marriage is stupid. I'd only do it for tax purposes.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                      I don't because marriage is stupid. I'd only do it for tax purposes.

Comment

Marriage is also really gay. In fact, not only should gays be allowed to marry each other, they are the only ones who should be allowed to get married.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                          I found this really cool video of how one guy proposed to the love of his life.
                          Mine was rubbish...I hate guys who made a big effort as they make me look really bad.

Fact is, why am I the one making all the effort, she totally wanted to get married to me

I do wish I had put abit more thought into it, but these guys who make a public spectacle of it...**** them, I bet it all ends in tears. At the very least other married men should beat the heck out of them for making the rest of us look bad. At the very least it should be punishable by jail time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                            Let me guess, she would be left stranded if she said no.

Comment

We were buying a house, and they said she couldn't be on the VA loan because we weren't married. So, we got married almost 4 years ago.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                              X