X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating chocolate for dinner

Mrs Horse is away

I think I'll wash it down with some red wine
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Have you posted this in the Dinner thread?

Wash it down with lots of red wine, and a carton of beer.

Comment

Red wine for chocolate? Bah! Port, Champagne or Riesling, nothing else will do!
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

The chocolate will kill the wine stone dead.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post

I think I'll wash it down with some red wine

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
            Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
              Yup, I knew this everyone!!!
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

no no you ninnies, chocolate and mints first, with brewed coffee, then red wine chasers till midnight, with fresh homemade bread and butter for supper, num, num, num
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Now that makes more sense.

Comment

Sounds like a bad case of constipation in the making.

Comment

as it happens I had the runs this morning

Comment

Homemade bread and butter
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                          Red wine for chocolate? Bah! Port, Champagne or Riesling, nothing else will do!
                          Guinness goes quite well with rich dark chocolate.

This cake is magnificent in its damp blackness. I can't say that you can absolutely taste the stout in it, but there is certainly a resonant, ferrous tang which I happen to love. The best way of describing it is to say that it's like gingerbread without the spices. There is enough sugar - a certain understatement here - to counter any potential bitterness of the Guinness, and although I've eaten versions of this made up like a chocolate sandwich cake, stuffed and slathered in a rich chocolate icing, I think that can take away from its dark majesty. Besides, I wanted to make a cream cheese frosting to echo the pale head that sits on top of a glass of stout. It's unconventional to add cream but it makes it frothier and lighter which I regard as aesthetically and gastronomically desirable. But it is perfectly acceptable to leave the cake un-iced: in fact, it tastes gorgeous plain.
                          This cake is magnificent in its damp blackness. I can't say that you can absolutely taste the stout in it, but there is certainly a resonant, ferrous tang which I happen to love. The best way of describing it is to say that it's like gingerbread without the spices. There is enough sugar — a certain understatement here — to counter any potential bitterness of the Guinness, and although I've eaten versions of this made up like a chocolate sandwich cake, stuffed and slathered in a rich chocolate icing, I think that can take away from its dark majesty. Besides, I wanted to make a cream cheese frosting to echo the pale head that sits on top of a glass of stout. It's unconventional to add cream but it makes it frothier and lighter which I regard as aesthetically and gastronomically desirable. But it is perfectly acceptable to leave the cake un-iced: in fact, it tastes gorgeous plain. For US cup measures, use the toggle at the top of the ingredients list.

My nephew also regards Nigella as aesthetically desirable... no idea why.

Click image for larger version

Name:	160_nigella_lawsonlarge_image-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	9095208
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                          X