Scotch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sherry casks FTW!
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
      The double over here in Norway, unfortunately. Also, your link's url was refused the browser says.
      Come to Denmark, almost as cheap as the US

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
        I don't like my whiskey too smokey, prefer the slight sweetness of Irish, but can't stand bourbon, too sweet, any recommendations?
        Highland Scotches tend to be less peaty and smokey, with Dalwhinney 15 years probably being the 'lightest' tasting. Or try this -

Scotch Highland economy.jpeg
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I don't like my whiskey too smokey, prefer the slight sweetness of Irish, but can't stand bourbon, too sweet, any recommendations?

Aberlour. It has all the qualities you're looking for, and is more reasonably priced than many similar single malts.

Glenfarclas (particularly the 15-year-old) is another excellent one, though it's pricier.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

30 year old Glenfiddich is my preference...haven't tried the 40 year old Highland Park, but would like to. At $1195/bottle, that ain't likely though!
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I tried the 40 year old at a Whiskey show in Toronto a couple years ago.

I actually prefer the 18
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                The double over here in Norway, unfortunately. Also, your link's url was refused the browser says.
                BevMo probably doesn't mail order to people outside the US so it saw you were from Norway and denied you.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post

Glenfarclas (particularly the 15-year-old) is another excellent one, though it's pricier.
                  I have a bottle of this, but I gave it to my father when I went to Indonesia 20 years ago for safekeeping, forgot about it, and the cunning old goat said it was his when I spotted it later and tried to reclaim.

I am staying with them this Easter and will get it back....thanks for reminding me, it will be about 35 or 40 years old by now...I know exactly where it is
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Why don't you drink it with him?
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Not a bad idea Sloww
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

It doesn't improve once it's bottled, only in cask so the fact it's been in the bottle for years won't make any difference.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Dalwhinnie 15yo
                          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
                          X