• Show
Clear All

• wtf is sxsw

okay maybe i'm just a noob at whatever the **** that is

WHAT IS SXSW

i'm not going to google

TELL ME
    To us, it is the BEAST.

It's what Catholic priests spray paint on the walls of the bath houses they frequent.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

YOU STOP
      i'mma call the anticatholic defmation league on you
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

South by Southwest Music festival, going on in Austin, Tx.
        Noob.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

SXSW (South by Southwest) is an annual hipster gathering in Austin, and is basically a showcase event for people who want to be famous.

It started out as just an unsigned bands showcase (in the 80s), utilizing Austin's reputation for having more live music venues per capita than any other city (basically dive bars with a semblance of a stage). All types of music, all times of day, all over town (but especially downtown). I went a couple times (for work!) and had a blast -- great food, cheap hotels, and totally random musical encounters. Don't like the band? Go next door and see another. Plus, Austin in March is a nice kickstart for the end of winter.

But like anything cool and fun, it was quickly co-opted and ruined. Now it includes a film festival, "interactive" conference, etc. So it's gone from "cool place to check out weird bands" to Media Hype On A Stick, complete with $700 tickets, major media coverage, famous hipsters showing up to fluff their latest projects, Bruce Springsteen as keynote speaker, etc.

I'm actually working on a SXSW-related assignment for a client right now, but I'm doing it by phone. No need to be there unless someone else is paying all expenses.

You're welcome.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

THX

it's not my jam
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's actually short for "sex saw." You probably don't want details.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

MMMM SEX SAW

sounds kinky

this thread is useless

now for this

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Two in cross-trainers, two in flip-flops. Odd.
                  I would have bet dollars to donuts on bare feet or high heels.

Oh well, at least they all have the same body!
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

if i dont get to **** them when i die, i'm gonna take a **** on god
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                      MMMM SEX SAW

sounds kinky

this thread is useless

now for this

I'll take the one on the left. :yum:
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

she can squat on my face
                        the one mid right can workk on the dick
                        left and right of her can get each ball, respectively
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Examples of big events announced at this year's SXSW that basically define it as DoucheFest 2013...

Depeche Mode Confirms SXSW Performance Before Album Launch
                          Exclusive: Prince Will Headline Samsung's SXSW Closing Party
                          AUSTIN -- South by Southwest will get a dose of purple rain. Samsung exclusively confirmed with Mashable that Prince will perform at its March 16 closing party.
                          (from CNN) South by Southwest Interactive is attracting bigger names with only tangential connections to the tech industry. This year's event featured talks by MSNBC host Rachel Maddow, former vice president Al Gore, Newark, New Jersey, Mayor Cory Booker and hoops star Shaquille O'Neal.
                          ...etc. Ad nauseum.

Comment

makes me wanna blow my brains oujt
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Take comfort in the fact that you're about 1,000 miles away from all that.

Comment

Working...
                              X