global warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• global warming

i like how one of the denier arguments now is that 11,000 years isn't a long enough time period to look at

this... from the people that dont believe the earth is older than 6,000 years

idiots
    To us, it is the BEAST.

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      i like how one of the denier arguments now is that 11,000 years isn't a long enough time period to look at

idiots
      Why do you think they are one and the same?

Please look at my question on plus gold certified power supplies -- I am doing my part to prevent global warming, after all.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

rgr
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

climate change reminds me of Y2K, could be serious, but maybe not
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post

idiots
            You're a pink, hippie commie who has no perspective grounded in reality.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

wait a minute Fun, I thought you were the pink, hippie commie
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

It takes one to know one. :|

Comment

I don't worry or care about climate change, seems to me fretting about that makes as much sense as worrying that the sky is going to fall in on your head

Comment

No, that's how Fun could identify Sava. Keep up.

Comment

Worry about Doomsday Asteroid scenarios instead. We might actually lift a finger to stop one of those, so worrying could potentially be productive.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I worry about mosquitoes. Which are more profuse and carry worse diseases in warm climates. GLOBAL WARMING IS INCREASING BREEDING GROUNDS FOR MOSQUITOES! :malaria: :dengue1: :dengue2: :dengue3: :dengue4: :easternequineencephalitis:

Also I worry about cobras. It's a well known fact that cobras don't live at sea, and neither do I. GLOBAL WARMING IS INCREASING SEA LEVELS FORCING ME AND COBRAS INTO AN EVER SMALLER SHARED SPACE! :cobratoface: :cobratogenitals: :cobraenergydrink:

But no, I don't worry about global warming.

Comment

I'm not worried about climate change per se. It's an issue that doesn't really affect me personally. However, some small part of me does care about the herd. Life for humans in the next 1,000 years is going to be a lot easier if we mitigate the effects of our presence. That's all. In some ways, the point may be moot. We're in the midst of a mass extinction that we caused. I don't have much hope for humanity's future considering our political debates revolve around arguing about whether or not planning things is a good idea.

At some point, push will come to shove and the people who want to plan are going to murder the retards. Hopefully, I'm not around for that. I'm sure a lot of good people will get caught in the crossfire. That's a shame.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

mosquitos, now there is something to worry about in the tropics, we had a dengue outbreak last year

Comment

Well first of all no one disputes that the globe has warmed. The debate is about the extent of the contribution by carbon emissions.

The skeptics' answer is that there is no known means of showing what contribution carbon has to global temperatures because there is no known means of predicting climate over years. The fact that the globe has warmed over the past half-century or more, and indeed that it has warmed more so in recent years, is not evidence of carbon's contribution as such; it is simply a correlation between those two time periods.

What's more, the British MET office and the head of the UN's IPCC have both frankly stated that there has been no global warming in the past 16 and 17 years respectively. Keep in mind that these groups are quite strident proponents of the view that carbon is a high contributor to climate temperatures. It is not in their interest to accept this data as correct.

The climate models that assume (and do not prove) a high contribution from carbon emissions to global temperatures also predicted a constant rate of warming over the next half-century. Global average temperatures have a lot of warming to do to if they are now to meet even the lowest predicted rate of warming, the supposed "best case" scenario for global warming. Even if they do, it is important to recall that this would constitute a correlation and not proof of a causative link.

A causative link is only possible if the relationship between the various factors that cause warming are ascertained with precision. Volcanoes, the sun, climate events themselves, and any range of other things also affect temperatures. Defining the extent of their contribution seems to me impossible as a layperson but science has done amazing things in the past. But no such definition exists.

What we're left with as a result is a climate movement of rent-seekers who would be left penniless if their chicken little predictions turn to dust. So they keep predicting disasters to keep the billions coming in; otherwise the profession of climate science would be back to where it was before: an irrelevant backwater.
                              "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Working...
                              X