Got a new knife today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new knife today.

The kids are always taking off with the first one I bought ... on their never-ending quest to turn the jungle into various types of sticks. This one is about 3" shorter and with a wider blade (in both dimensions).

Only P350 from the guy who came walking by the house ... pretty sweet!

(golf clap)
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

This is what I use to frighten door to door salesmen

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

what's with the heart? playing with iphoto?
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

It just isn't the same without the hockey mask.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            what's with the heart? playing with iphoto?
            It means he's in love with his knife.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

The heart is to show my appreciation towards knives, as one of the least appreciated of potentially murderous weapons. You don't see Charleton Heston up talking about how he loves his knives at a NKA meeting ... you don't see Dick Cheney chopping off his friends' faces with knives ... and that sort of discrimination makes knives everywhere sad.

Also, the heart was to give my knife something to be stabbing in the picture, so as to give a better impression of it's abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                This is what I use to frighten door to door salesmen

Perhaps if you had some rust (or coagulated blood) on your knife it would be even more frightening.

The one I bought for clearing jungle is a little like that ... only with a rusty hooked blade shaped like a hockey stick .. and a handle with a propensity for separating from the blade. This is a great feature as it promotes awareness of safety (or lack thereof) and is what "keeps me on my toes" trying to keep my toes on me.

Comment

"P350" - are you in the Phils?
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Clearing jungle must be good for the soul.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Myself I have a 3,5 cm Blade Victorinox Knife
                      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I have ditchblade.

...and this is not how you use it:

Comment

I knew things were going to go wrong as soon as I saw the kanji on his shirt

Comment

I do get comments when I use it. People ask which orc horde I got it from.

Comment

It does look pretty much identical to a Bill. It doesn't look like it would be a very effective weapon (at lest compared to my favorite polearm, the Halberd), but the Bill-Guisarme looks nasty.

Edit: There's a reason for the similarity: the Bill was derived from an agricultural implement (the Billhook) which also looks like your ditchblade.

Last edited by loinburger; March 11, 2013, 21:43.

Comment

Working...
                              X