Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valentine's Day Sewage Plant tour back by popular demand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Day Sewage Plant tour back by popular demand.

I hope this is just hipsters being ironic but apparently a sewage plant in NYC is once again offering tours on Valentine's Day because they had such a huge response last year by happy couples. I mean, to each his own but this just seems odd.

Valentine's Day Sewage Tour Back by Popular Demand

It's certainly more original than dinner and a movie

Looking for a grand romantic gesture this Valentine's Day? Consider New York City's sewage tour. The Department of Environmental Protection is again offering Valentine's Day tours of the Newtown Creek sewage treatment plant in Brooklyn—three tours this year, in fact, due to "overwhelming demand" after the first two quickly filled up. Highlights include the plant's giant egg-shaped digesters, which break down noxious waste into harmless sludge and gas. During last year's tour, the plant's gung-ho superintendent warned the visitors a digester egg was about to emit a foul odor. It didn't disappoint.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Wastewater treatment plants are pretty boring. Sewage lift stations, OTOH, are small but special. Especially if you go through the "tunnel of love."
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

**** holiday deserves a **** tour
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
      X