Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move over food trucks now it's... Fashion Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move over food trucks now it's... Fashion Trucks?

L.A. pretty much kicked off the recent gourmet food truck craze in the 00's where young entrepreneurs who couldn't afford sky high rents for restaurant spaces decided to instead start new gourmet restaurants out of the back of old "roach coaches" and using social media to advertise directly to customers. The trend has now caught on nation wide even spawning TV show. Now the mobile trend is moving out of just the food business and branching out to into other services and retail.

The latest thing is small designers, who often hand make their clothes themselves or in small batches, have taken to selling designer clothes at discount rates from the back of truck. Strange but true. These trucks advertise on twitter and facebook and travel to different towns and usually there are lines of people waiting to buy their stuff before they even get there. Some trucks are owned by designers themselves while others just sell popular designer clothes at discounts. Heck, there is even a hair dresser who has started offering mobile haircuts out of the back of her truck for people who want the hair dresser to come to them.

What will they think of next?

Entrepreneurs in Los Angeles are setting up mobile shops in trucks in search of new costumers.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Brothel trucks
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      Heck, there is even a hair dresser who has started offering mobile haircuts out of the back of her truck for people who want the hair dresser to come to them.
      Isn't hairdressers coming to clients a fairly old idea?

Comment

internet one factor, the other is deregulation, hard to believe today but if you sold stuff out of the back of a truck a few years ago you could get arrested or fined in many western countries
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

It will be interesting to see if brick and mortar stores start pushing for regulations to kill the competition.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I think those laws are still on the books - city ordinances and the like - so quite possible if the trend takes off
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
            X