Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The mother of all parking enforcement horror stories.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mother of all parking enforcement horror stories.

So this guy parked his car in a legal parking spot, there were no signs posted saying no parking or road repair or anything, and watch what happens after he leaves. A city paint crew comes and repaints his parking space turning it into a handicapped parking spot then the city calls a tow truck and has his car towed away. The city then demanded $366 for the guy to get his car back. WTF?

I'd like to hear from one of our Israeli posters to find out if this has been in the news over there.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Pretty sure this falls under "ex post facto"
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

How funny is that? (Unless of course it is your car)
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

This is really about Palestine, isn't it?
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Does Israeli law recognise the concept of "ex post facto" laws? I mean, the way they suffered in Europe under the Catholics I'd think that they probably prohibit the use of latin in their judicial system.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            So this guy parked his car in a legal parking spot, there were no signs posted saying no parking or road repair or anything, and watch what happens after he leaves. A city paint crew comes and repaints his parking space turning it into a handicapped parking spot then the city calls a tow truck and has his car towed away. The city then demanded $366 for the guy to get his car back. WTF?
            Hey, you're gonna give the City of San Diego ideas. You know their parking racket has been so successful that they just don't have those billion glorified golf carts anymore (to think, they started with just six, now there's dozens of those). Now they have a fleet of city parking nazi SmartCars, so they don't have to transport the old parking nazi golf cart fleet all over the city.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

e: ignore this post it's stupid.
              Last edited by regexcellent; February 12, 2013, 02:55.

Comment

I enjoyed Doc Strangelove's joke.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I got up at 5:00 this morning so I kinda missed that...didn't really read his post

Comment

I didn't click the link. Why was there a camera trained on the spot?
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No idea but there was.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Don't you think that might be a relevant question? I'm not trying to bust your chops, I'm just asking. Why?
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          I didn't click the link. Why was there a camera trained on the spot?
                          It's Tel Aviv. There are probably more security cameras than people.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                          X