Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer cheese
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
      That and "We're the only animals who willingly drink other animal's milk" get me every time.
      I like to point out that we're the most successful animal on the planet, at least in terms of enemy species driven to extinction (the only valid standard for success).
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
        I like to point out that we're the most successful animal on the planet, at least in terms of enemy species driven to extinction (the only valid standard for success).
        We're also the only animals that go around dressed up, or that forge metals. Then again, there's loonies that are against even that...
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I suspect aerobic exercise in excess of 30 minutes a day (especially low impact activities like cycling) has a far more detrimental effect on bone density than moderate milk consumption.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm confident other animals drink other animals' milk from time to time. You see examples of kittens with a dead mother nursing on a sow or whatnot occasionally. It's not common, but it happens. More accurate is probably "We're the only animal that can force other animals to let us have their milk, and don't just kill the animal instead".
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
              I'm confident other animals drink other animals' milk from time to time. You see examples of kittens with a dead mother nursing on a sow or whatnot occasionally. It's not common, but it happens. More accurate is probably "We're the only animal that can force other animals to let us have their milk, and don't just kill the animal instead".

Any method of gathering food beyond picking up stuff off the ground can be considered a process. Ever since agriculture was discovered, humans have been eating processed food. I'd rather such attitudes about food be rooted in scientific study as opposed to unsubstantiated ideas about the evils of modern society.

Fanatics of such causes do themselves a disservice by passionately advocating their positions without sufficient evidence to support their claims.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I used to drink chocolate milk with my cereal. Now that I don't anymore, I've come to realize how **** most cereal truly is.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

That article is all kinds of quackery.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Please elaborate.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Actually, milk is bad for you. This is because animal protein in general is bad for you. There is nice book titled "The China Study" that explains it all fairly nicely.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

If you trust the Chinese.
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

In this matter, I do.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                            Actually, milk is bad for you. This is because animal protein in general is bad for you. There is nice book titled "The China Study" that explains it all fairly nicely.
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post

Any method of gathering food beyond picking up stuff off the ground can be considered a process. Ever since agriculture was discovered, humans have been eating processed food. I'd rather such attitudes about food be rooted in scientific study as opposed to unsubstantiated ideas about the evils of modern society.

Fanatics of such causes do themselves a disservice by passionately advocating their positions without sufficient evidence to support their claims.
                              As far as sufficient evidence goes, what about the article's reference to studies then?

And thank you guys, for those who have given me reassurance that I can continue drinking milk. I've drank milk all my life, and still do, and I have never gotten any broken bones from falling or whatever.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
                                Anything that wants to sell you stuff is automatically suspect.
                                true
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X