Why can't you own an RPG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    The argument for regulating explosives is a public safety one. Even if you don't have malicious intent, it's very difficult to safely store and care for explosives. Guns don't shoot themselves but explosives can be pretty dangerous all on their own.
    He mentioned accidental discharge earlier. That would be his response to that line of reasoning. I thought about it already.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Accidental discharge doesn't exist; you should know this, you've been through OCS. There is only negligent discharge. Follow the four rules of gun safety and it will never happen. It will definitely not happen if nobody is handling the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        Accidental discharge doesn't exist; you should know this, you've been through OCS. There is only negligent discharge. Follow the four rules of gun safety and it will never happen. It will definitely not happen if nobody is handling the gun.
        But that would be his point. What is the difference between mishandling a handgun and an explosive? I'd claim that appropriate gun handlers should not be punished for the incompetence of others so why not claim that appropriate handlers of explosive material should be permitted to own them as well? He'd force me to taking that position that explosives should be freely available as long as SOMEONE can handle them safely. If I'd say too few people can (again, a back track from liberty, regardless), he would consider that too few people can handle firearms appropriately, I guess, which is how I could entrap him by noting gun safety compared to nonexistent stats on explosive use by civilians. Grrr. It's still not where I would want to go since I don't want it to come down to explosives are illegal because 99% can't handle them appropriately, so we punish 1% with harsh restrictions.

Granted, the severity of an explosion is considerable compared to a discharged firearm but does the principle from freedom change at all?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          I own several too! Though probably not as many as Dinodoc.
          those are breast Ben, not rockets
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

LOL WHY CAN'T I HAVE A NUKE UNDER THE SECOND AMENDMENT LOL

Build or buy a nuke and we'll talk, smart guy.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              But that would be his point. What is the difference between mishandling a handgun and an explosive?

Granted, the severity of an explosion is considerable compared to a discharged firearm but does the principle from freedom change at all?
              High yield explosives become can become unstable over time, or with variations in temperature or humidity, or as a result of vibration or concussion, so even when not used, how they are stored is a safety issue. I used to know a guy (he died years ago) who had a pretty damn impressive firearms collection - worth well over a million, and weapons back to the 17th century through WW2. One of his items was a Colt revolver issued to "Buffalo Soldiers" (had an A troop, 10th Cav stamp engraved on the trigger guard) He also had original boxes of ammo for it. Perfectly safe and stable after more than 100 years.

The various explosives used in USSR and Chicom RPGs, US M72 LAW and similar are much higher yield and much less stable to improper storage after a number of years.

If one does go kablooey, unless you have a lot of land between you and your neighbor or have it in a blast bunker, it could not only ruin your day, but your neighbor's as well. Sidearm and longarm ammunition won't do that.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I was going to make the role playing game joke but since several people have already said it there really is nothing left to say on this topic.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

what i'm left wondering is why people even bother to argue with albie?
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Masochists with too much free time.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                    X