Iran's new fighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran's new fighter

Iran demonstrates its growing self-reliance in the field of military technology with the unveiling of a new, domestically built fighter jet on Saturday, according to local media reports

Wut? I didn't know Iran was into 1/2 replica scale models.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

There is A LOT you don't know.
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Welp, I guess this threatens Israel, boys! Israel must defend itself!
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

They have succeeded in building their own domestic arms industry but it is almost entirely based on 1970's western or Russian technology. They literally haven't developed much of anything new and instead are just updating old foreign designs. For instance they're now making their own version of the F-14 with slightly updated public domain electronics (the basic plane was designed in the late 60's and built in the 70's), they have a domestic copy of a 1970's American helicopter, a tank which by all reports sucks but looks kind of like the picture of an early M1-A1 prototype, and now they have low tech midget subs designed after ones the Japanese used in the (get this) 1930's.

This "new" plane, if it ever flies, will no doubt just be old engines put on a new airframe without any of the high tech composites you'd find in any other country's new fighter. It's old tech with a slightly new shape. The upside is doing this is very cheap and allows the hard pressed regime (which faces tons of domestic dissatisfaction) to cheaply claim it is making progress even when it really isn't.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oh, and wiki cites these news sources as saying the "fighter" is a hoax by the regime.

Here's our analysis about the "Qaher 313" stealth jet. On Feb. 1, 2013, Iran unveiled its indigenous fighter jet named "Qaher 313". The prototype of the

האיראנים מנסים לשכנע את העולם ביכולות הטכנולוגיות שלהם אולם בדיקה מעלה שמטוס הקרב שהציגו בשבוע שעבר סובל מכשלים רבים
          Last edited by Dinner; February 2, 2013, 19:47.

Comment

Yeah yeah yeah, Oerdin.

We all already know this is a piece of ****. Look at it.

The question is what is Bibi going to come up with to spin this as threatening the existence of the state of Israel?

Comment

Al, at what point are you going to give up on your anti israel trolls? They are at best lame and at worst reveal probably your biggest personality flaw. Netanyahu doesn't need to point out this plane as a threat to Israel. Nukes are a big enough threat by themselves, to say nothing of the fact that Iran provides the vast majority of funding to the terrorist groups that seek the second holocaust, i.e., Hamas and Hezbollah.

Seriously, Al, your flippant comments suggest that it's ridiculous for Israel to believe that a country which is an active funding source of their enemies, led by people who openly call for the destruction of all Jews, trying to develop nuclear weapons, is a threat to their existence. This isn't rocket science, fucktard.
              Last edited by Hauldren Collider; February 2, 2013, 19:37.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                probably your biggest personality flaw
                Not even close. Al's hatred of Israel is more or less standard among the Arabs I've met, and most of them have perfectly normal, happy lives.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

So instead of being a personality flaw it is a cultural flaw of blind hatred. Got it.

Comment

I was gonna give that post Thanks too, but the one a day limit sucks.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Israel can be forgiven for not finding "they're just bluffing" angle on Iran's calling for exterminating Judaism particularly reassuring.

Elok's right, by the way; Al has too many personality flaws to pin down which is the worst one.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
                        I was gonna give that post Thanks too, but the one a day limit sucks.
                        I got you covered.

Comment

That is really obviously vacuum-form plastic on the inner shell, the same sort of stuff they put on those awful clamshell consumer electronics packages. Also, based on the reflectivity of the canopy, I'm fairly confident it's heat-molded plexiglass.

Comment

There's no wiring behind the console and if you watch the video, the plane visibly shakes when the pilot moves in it.

Are we really going to break down all the ways this is a fake POS? I thought it was not necessary. This was intended as a point and laugh at Iran claiming they have a new 'stealth fighter'.

Comment

Like their last "domestic fighter" they announced it in 1997 saying it was "ready for industrial production" but the things didn't enter service until 2007 and then it was only six planes before it was cancelled because they were found to perform so poorly they weren't worth the money even as a make work project. Oh, and all significant subsystems were actually imported from the engines to the avionics to the hydrological systems. So much for their "all domestically built fight jet".

Comment

Working...
                              X