Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo Albie, Question about body type, body fat

I bought a bathroom scale that tells you your body fat %

179 cm, 82 kg and 18% body fat would be mesomorph or endomorph? I tried to measure my wrist with a cord but I was getting a different result every time and 1 centimeters is a lot of difference for that equation.
    I need a foot massage

Meso, ecto, and endomorph don't really mean anything. There's no clear demarcations between them and it always seems like they just come down to: oh, you're thin and a hard gainer, ecto; you're fat, endo; you're naturally in the middle, meso. It's not a science.

Those scales are not accurate. Body composition is a complex thing to measure and beyond the scale's capability. The best thing a scale is good for is to compare scale results over time (ie- if your reading is lower 6 months from now, you probably lost body fat).

This method is no more accurate but it's the one the US Navy uses which requires height, neck circumference, and waist circumference: http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculat...=Body-Fat-Navy

With that said, 18% body fat is high.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

This has photos of people at various weights and body fat %'s: http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/s...ad.php?t=31392

This guy is 5'10" 181lbs like you but with a 39" waist and 22% body fat:

Is this similar to your build?
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Yeah, more or less. On the internet I found that less than 24% is considered healthy, but In order to look like a tennis player I would have to go as low as 10% perhaps? less?
        I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
          Yeah, more or less. On the internet I found that less than 24% is considered healthy, but In order to look like a tennis player I would have to go as low as 10% perhaps? less?
          I'm 11% according to the Navy standards so yes.

Comment

Working...
          X