No announcement yet.

I've got 1 PM unopened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, we were at 4 we're down to 2 guesses left!

Dinner, Saras isn't even at WPC.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
      Alright, we were at 4 we're down to 2 guesses left!

Dinner, Saras isn't even at WPC.
      It was the co-owner. Not Saras but the other guy from the Baltic states. BTW he was a total douche bag for banning me not because I did anything wrong but because I might do something in the future. F'em personally and f' that site.

The place is dead, and rightly so, because of the heavy handed actions of the owners. There are millions of web forums out there and if they wanted traffic then I guess they shouldn't have treated people unfairly.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You caught 8, but the last two - I wander whether this will ever happen.
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Okay Dinner, but no hard feelings, right? You're right it is kinda dead, on par with Poly. This OT is busier here but WPC has a couple active regular forums.

OneFootInTheGrave, I was mildly amazed to get the first one, so who knows what tomorrow will bring? I just had a good pizza, the first in a year, and 3 beers which is more than my norm. The world is kinda rose colored right now, and I'm sure we'll get 2 more.

Comment

Site Information for apolyton.net

Get Details
            Alexa Traffic Rank: 108,993 Traffic Rank in US: 68,937
            Sites Linking In: 480

Site Information for weplayciv.com

Get Details
            Alexa Traffic Rank: 1,139,356 No regional data
            Sites Linking In: 213

Traffic at the two sites isn't even remotely similar.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The FPS sites are like that, life bans for just showing up.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Site had a major problem and was down for over a week, I'm sure that impacted the numbers. Also Poly has been around a lot longer and has accumulated more bots I'm sure. You can see their threads still in the OT here. At WPC the bot is banned and thread removed, so that will impact #s too. I'm just doing a rough comparison of the human traffic I see which certainly can easily be rejected as unscientific. There is a strong bias against WPC here so I'm sure such observations will be. Alternately I could just be completely wrong. We like it, and have settled in for the long haul.

Dinner, your banning was before my time. Though I don't recall who was part of it there were some trolls from here going there to make trouble, some directed at me. I know currently if I ban someone there I have to have a very good reason unlike some of the stuff that used to happen here. Since that time I know of only one ban and that was for one week. Discussing more than that is contrary to the guidelines set out by the admins, so I won't. The point is a banning of any sort is incredibly rare these days. Once a ban is made it must be justified...this is also recently enacted. Since that first 'invasion' by a bunch of folks that simply did not have WPC's best interests at heart, it hasn't ever been done to permaban someone.
                Last edited by Lancer; January 26, 2013, 10:04.

Comment

Working...
                X