No announcement yet.

Father Ted meets real life: elderly catholic priest bites fellow retired priest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father Ted meets real life: elderly catholic priest bites fellow retired priest

AN 80-year-old retired priest has indicated he will plead guilty to biting the ear of another elderly clergyman during a dispute over a parking bay at their block of units.

Thomas Henry Byrne appeared briefly in Perth Magistrates Court today where his lawyer, Seamus Rafferty, indicated his client would plead guilty to a charge of assault occasioning bodily harm.

Father Byrne was originally charged with the more serious offence of unlawful assault causing grievous bodily harm with aggravation, which would have seen the matter moved to the District Court, but the charge was downgraded following a review of medical reports.

The former priest was involved in a dispute with his neighbour, Father Thomas Joseph Cameron Smith, over a parking space at their complex on November 8 last year.

Father Byrne had his bail renewed and is due to reappear in court on February 12 when he is expected to formally plead guilty.
    Sentencing should be interesting, three Hail Marys??
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Maybe I should have added a question - okay, should retired clergy get off more lightly than other offenders?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
    X