Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Opportunity of The Bush Era

Got ya with the thread title didn't I?

LOS ANGELES (AP) — All eyes are on the NASA rover Curiosity. It is poised to begin drilling into a Martian rock soon.

There's less attention being paid to another Mars rover — Opportunity. The older rover is quietly embarking on its tenth year of exploration.

Compared to Curiosity, Opportunity is smaller and doesn't carry the same high-tech tools. But since landing in January 2004, it has made many discoveries including that Mars was once warmer and wetter than today.

Opportunity and its twin Spirit were only supposed to explore for three months, but both outlasted their original mission. Opportunity remains healthy and is studying interesting rocks in a massive crater. Spirit lost communication with Earth in 2010 shortly after getting stuck in Martian sand.

Can enough be said about the productivity of the "little" rover still exploring the Martian surface?
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

What do we need all this information about Mars for?

Comment

Really? Glad no one said that kind of thing to Columbus...
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        What do we need all this information about Mars for?
        So we don't turn earth into another one.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

The major missed opportunity of the Bush era was to unite the world under US leadership after the 9/11 attack.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

All eyes are on the NASA rover Curiosity. It is poised to begin drilling into a Martian rock soon.
            Hot!
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
              The major missed opportunity of the Bush era was to unite the world under US leadership after the 9/11 attack.
              Send me a pm tomorrow to remind me to thank you for this.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                Really? Glad no one said that kind of thing to Columbus...
                If he had found nothing but a bunch of space rocks I don't think they would have funded a second voyage.

Comment

Working...
                X