No announcement yet.

At the end of the month I will be the sole breadwinner in the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please tell us how it does work using examples from your own relationships.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I have parents, one of whom is a stay at home mom?
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Oh right, I forgot you were basically a WASP and therefore incapable of understanding humor. Are you and reg related?
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I don't qualify as a WASP in any sense except for the "white" part.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I was wrong. You and reg are about equally intelligent.
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
              You can use your sole-breadwinner status as leverage to coerce your spouse in being at your beck and call and do everything you command.
              I would like to avoid my wife resenting me.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Then why did you get married.
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You have to have faith in marriage like you do in religion. You have to believe that she doesn't resent you.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

And it will be just as real.
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

we pool all our money, joint accounts, nothing separate, so if one is not earning it's not really a problem. people contribute in different ways. I don't see paid work and housework or child raising as of different value.
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                      X