I need to get a metal detector.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to get a metal detector.

An Australian guy using a cheap hand held metal detector has found a massive 5.5 kg (177 ounces) gold nugget. That's over $300,000 in pure gold found just 30 centimeters below the surface.

An amateur prospector in Australia's Victoria state unearths a massive gold nugget with an estimated value of more than A$300,000 ($315,000: £197,000).

Check out the size of his nugget.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    Check out the size of his nugget.
    That's what she said?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

It looks kind of like a duck's head.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Also what she said?

Comment

Odds of striking it rich via metal detector, versus odds of striking it rich via lottery. I wonder which is higher...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I got one but I hovered it over PANTERA and it exploded.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Well, you'd get some exercise in the outdoors with the metal detector, and if you're knowledgeable about where to go, you might find a few decent things.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                Odds of striking it rich via metal detector, versus odds of striking it rich via lottery. I wonder which is higher...
                I found an 18ct gold chain in the street last year without the use of a metal detector, got 'cash for gold' and decided to play the lottery with part of my good fortune to the tune of £2 a week for a year. It's been almost half a year and all I've won so far on Euromillions is 80p...
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

So you're busily turning £ into p?
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Playing the lottery is retarded.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

I know, it is an ongoing experiment based on my initial good fortune. I figured easy come, easy go, not to mention the fact that I'll still be 'up' to the tune of about £80 in the end - no matter what.
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Playing the lottery can be fun. Doesn't take much fun to be worth dropping £2 a week on it. Most people spend way more than that doing various unnecessary things.

Comment

meteorites are worth $$$ too, and probably far more common...

researchers think our gold (upper mantle, not the core) was brought by asteroids when the outer surface took a beating about a half billion years after the proto-Earth formed

Comment

Working...
                          X