What is the point of owning puns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the point of owning puns?

A pun "is to wordplay what dominatrix sex is to foreplay - a stinging whip that elicits groans of guilty pleasure".

The lowest form of wit, or the highest form of intelligence? I love a good pun, me, and apparently so did Jesus - so that's another thing we've got in common!

Here in the UK, entire industries try and outdo each other in the punning stakes, such as hairdressers and fish and chip shops. My local fish and chip shop is called 'The Codfather' and my all-time favourite business pun name is a fish and chip shop up in the valleys called 'A Fish Called Rhondda'!

They also happen to do good fish and chips, cos let's face it, where they're situated, they have plenty of practice!

The pun conundrum
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

nun at all
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Barber Blacksheep.
      The Hairport.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

French Connection UK.

Not sure if that counts.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Venison's dear. And we have a dwarf shortage
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
            Venison's dear.
            If it's blind what do you call it? No idea.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
            X