Anyone want a horse burger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    It's much more understandable when dogs are allowed to roam freely and aren't spade or neutered (usually).
    Spade?

Comment

When the dog tries to breed, you whack it with a spade.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        In the old testiment and under Jewish dietary laws consuming horse is forbidden. Early Catholic Christian doctrine also adopted some of these dietary restrictions as a superficial nod to the old testament but really because the church wanted to maintain horse numbers for use in transport, farming, and for war fighting purposes.
        The Catholic Church didn't maintain dietary restrictions as a nod to the Old Testament. Pope St. Gregory III banned it to discourage paganism.

In 732, Gregory banned the consumption of horsemeat, both domestic and wild, anathematizing it as an "abomination" since it was associated with pagan ritual feasting.

It's unlikely that it had anything to do with maintaining horse populations, since that usefulness didn't prevent many other cultures from eating their horses. After all, we eat chickens and cows, but neither is endangered.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          Pigs are second only to chickens in being the most annoying form of cultivated meat. Dogs at least have some purpose other than being eaten.

People here eat dogs too though. It's much more understandable when dogs are allowed to roam freely and aren't spade or neutered (usually).
          What about sheep and goats? As a youth, stuck with mowing my parents' lawn, I often thought of how much better it would be just to get a sheep instead.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
              Apparently Tesco's Veggie Burgers are even worse than their Horsemeat Beef Burgers...They contain genuine UniQuorn...
              I first saw this story from all these jokes on Facebook. My favourites were "a cow walks into a bar. Barman says, why the long face? Cow replies, bloody illegal ingredients stealing our jobs" and "I received a death threat, woke up to find a tesco burger was left on my pillow".
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Tesco are bringing out a new range of beef burgers called Fernando Torres......... 100% pony!
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                  What about sheep and goats? As a youth, stuck with mowing my parents' lawn, I often thought of how much better it would be just to get a sheep instead.
                  Goats are well-behaved. They sleep at night and generally don't go off bleating for no apparent reason. Goat's milk is passable, and goat cheese is awesome. Mountain goats are all sorts of awesome, like four-legged mountain ninjas. So in the wild or domesticated they should be kept alive.

Sheep are horribly dumb and smelly, and make nice t-shirts and lamb chops. Their only purpose is to die. (And they seem to realize this and try to hasten it in the most annoying ways possible ... )

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                    When the dog tries to breed, you whack it with a spade.
                    Jeez Mad Monk you bring back bad memories. When I was a student in Grenada some of the students brought their wives down to the island to live with them and their wives brought their dogs. One wife's poodle was in heat, but she let it run around anyway. Sure enough an island mogrel dog got wind of her and initiated the mating right in front of the dorm. The wife was screaming for someone to make it stop so one of the other students stepped forward with a big rock and brought it down hard, breaking the back of the Grenadian male dog. The male dog's lower half went limp, he yelped and struggled to get away with his front legs, but his penis was still stuck in the female. ( The nervous centers which initiate erections are part of a reflex arc self-contained in the loser portions of the spinal column and the nerves which run in and out of it. Breaking the spine above the area leaves it intact. ) The female was going crazy and trying to run in the opposite direction. It was like a scene from canine hell. The student with the rock then repeatedly smashed the male dog until it was lifeless and its penis let go of the female..
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I remember that.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                        I remember that.
                        Previous lifetime?
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

From when he posted it years ago. It had quite the impact on my young mind.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It's nice to know that I'm shaping young minds here at 'poly.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                              It's nice to know that I'm shaping young minds here at 'poly.
                              Impacting, like a large rock.
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

we see the results
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X