My mom is in the hospital.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom is in the hospital.

What a messed up Christmas morning. Got a call from one of my brothers. Last night during midnight mass, my mom was with my sister and her fiance, and mom became unresponsive and stiff. She would not respond or stand up, when it was time to stand up.

They got her in a wheelchair, and took her to the hospital. My brother said they're going to get an MRI scan on her brain and have a test done on her heart. Her heart rate/beat was really low, and she was dehydrated; she was not good at drinking enough fluids everyday.

So, I will be anxious to hear from updates today from family. Merry Christmas mom.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Oh, that's terrible to happen on Christmas. I'm sorry to heat that.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

It's terrible to happen on any day. Best of luck to you and your family, MrFun.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Is she in some kind of coma? People usually recover from those, right? She'll be fine.

Comment

My brother said that from what he was told, mom is conscious and alert. So I guess that means she's breathing on her own?

Glad I called mom last night and told her I love her. I tell her that almost every time I call her.

Comment

Wow. That must have been very jarring news -- the kind of thing I worry about all the time with my Mom (she's 85).
            Best wishes for your mom's full and speedy recovery, MrFun.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Jrabbit, my mom is 73 years old.

Latest update is that sometime during the past couple years, our mom had a very small/minor stroke. That seems to make sense, as her personality has changed sometime in the recent past, and she had become less physically active, and less alert. We noticed some of the changes, but we didn't realize she may have had a stroke. So that's what they determined with her MRI scan.

They think that her heart rate may be really low, because of her blood pressure medicines, so they're making some changes in that, and observe her to see if that helps increase her heart rate.

Comment

God bless her. Sorry for this trial that you and yours must endure.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

That sucks, Fun . Sorry to hear it.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I'll pray for her.

EDIT: Er, and you, of course, and the rest of your family.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

sorry to hear that mr fun. i hope your mother makes a speedy recovery.
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Best wishes for a full and swift recovery for her.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear it, man. Best wishes.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X