A best friend's letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A best friend's letter

How do you say goodbye? USA Today reporter Yamiche Alcindor tweeted out this touching letter that was written to Newtown shooting victim Jack Pinto by his best friend, John.

Six-year-old Jack was gunned down in the massacre last Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Jack,
    You are my best friend.
    We had fun together.
    I will miss you.
    I will talk to you in my prayers.
    I love you Jack.
    Love,
    John

Jack was also an avid Giants fan.

Jack would have loved it.

New York Giants star wide-receiver Victor Cruz visited the family of his biggest little fan, 6-year-old Jack Pinto, in Connecticut today, paying respects to the family four days after Jack was killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School bloodbath.

On Sunday, Cruz had honored the little boy by dedicating a football game to his memory.

Today, the day after Jack was buried, Cruz spent more than three hours in the family's Sandy Hook home visiting with family, friends and neighbors of little Jack — who was buried in his favorite football jersey, No. 80, Cruz's number.
    When Cruz had learned this weekend of Jack’s tragic death in the shooting rampage, he dedicated the Giants game vs. the Atlanta Falcons to his memory.

“Jack Pinto” and “My Hero” were among the loving messages Cruz wrote on his cleats and gloves before the game.

Rest in peace little guy. They'll win another Super Bowl for you.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Way to ruin this with your selfish fandom.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
      Way to ruin this with your selfish fandom.
      It was Jack's fandom, too.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

If he was an Eagles fan you'd never had posted this.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
          If he was an Eagles fan you'd never had posted this.
          You're the one ruining this. He was a Giants fan, was buried in a Victor Cruz jersey and Cruz did a nice thing. It's as simple as that.

Comment

This is so sad. Go Giants!
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

there is no lead so great that the giants cannot choke their way out of it.
              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Working...
              X