The Bourne movies sucked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bourne movies sucked.

I saw the most recent one. It was god awful. I tried to remember the other ones. I don't even remember how many there are. They all sort of blend together to become some sort of horribly written Parkour video.

so yeah
    To us, it is the BEAST.

The original three with Matt Damon were the ****ing **** and you are wrong.

Comment

Yes. They were ****ing ****.

And no. I am correct.

Nothing about those stories is plausible.

Spoiler:
      In the new one when the reporter gets shot in the train station... that's such crap. Oooh big deal. Some lefty newspaper is going to write something. In real life, they just discredit the guy and/or come up with talking points to use on all the talking head shows.

also

Spoiler:
      made you look
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't give half a **** about the story. Those movies were awesome. The sequence in the London train station was amazing, for example.

Comment

In most cases I would agree with you. But the franchise, despite all the CGI nonsense, didn't have any supernatural stuff in it. It tried to be real with the whole Matt Damon is awesome because of drugs thing.

In a lot of movies, there may be one or two obvious things I would nitpick. But every scene was something else.

Spoiler:
          and the ending for the last one was stupid... chase chase chase chase chase motorcycle flip... and then meet the one fisherman in the Philippines that isn't up at the asscrack of dawn fishing. ANd how many goddamn times are they going to run around a corner or go crashing into something only to see some little kid standing there with a wtf look on his/her face. It's fine to do that once in the whole series. But three or four times in one movie? COME ON
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You want plausible? From Hollywood action flix based on novels? I think I see the problem here...

BTW, the reference you spoilered is from the third Bourne movie (last one of three with Damon).
            There has since been a 4th one, Bourne Legacy, with a totally different main character played by Jeremy Renner, but same organization and vibe.

I'm a big fan of the series, especially the first film.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              You want plausible? From Hollywood action flix based on novels? I think I see the problem here...
              Lots of movies are plausible... or rather... do certain things in a way that doesn't bother my nitpicky sensibilities.

I can single out other movies if you like.

I certainly wouldn't be happy if someone hated on a movie I liked.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Not at all; no skin off my back. But you took the time to post, and I was a bit curious as to what it was that put you off so much.

Here's a question: If you hate the Bourne movies so much, how is it that you seem to have seen all of them?
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

BTW, the reference you spoilered is from the third Bourne movie (last one of three with Damon).
                  There has since been a 4th one, Bourne Legacy, with a totally different main character played by Jeremy Renner, but same organization and vibe.

I'm a big fan of the series, especially the first film.
                  They are quite popular. I, personally, find them quite boring.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Your opinions are bad and you should feel bad.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

If you hate the Bourne movies so much, how is it that you seem to have seen all of them?
                      I didn't and don't hate them all that much. It's just upon further reflection that I happen to think they suck. But hate? That's work. I hate work. Except when it comes to hating work. And Hitler. I hate that ****ing guy too. Even though I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for him.

Until I saw the new one, I was pretty ambivalent about the movies.

And I saw all the movies because they looked awesome in the trailers. But making a 30 second trailer into a 2+ hr movie isn't a recipe for success. A lot of sequences seemed like one long trailer.

Non-stop action sounds like it would be cool, but it gets boring.... e.g. Michael Bay.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        Your opinions are bad and you should feel bad.
                        They mostly are and I mostly do. Though, I don't suspect there is much link between the two.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava's bad opinions don't bother me all that much. Whenever I get annoyed by his posts I just stop reading and stare at his avatar.
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            Sava's bad opinions don't bother me all that much. Whenever I get annoyed by his posts I just stop reading and stare at his avatar.
                            Just when I think you're beyond hope, you post a statement that is 100% truth. Every damned time. It's like your superpower.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              keeps me off many an ignore list
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X