No announcement yet.

Star Citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it sounds to me like Elite/Frontier or Privateer, just bigger ... which definitely sounds like something that´s worth the money (if it grabs the spirit of these games) ...
    what makes it a difficult decision is, that David Braben, the creator of Frontier and Elite also has started crowdfunding for a sequel in his Elite series (named Elite-Dangerous)

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Freelancer was nothing like Elite except that there was some space trading and spaceships and stuff. There was no giant procedural universe with realistic scales and stuff. It was a solid single player campaign with dynamically generated side missions and some fixed-price trade routes. There was multiplayer where you could do the side missions and trading with other people, and then gank people you didn't like, roleplay, etc.

Comment

so, this is basically dwarf fortress IN SPACE! SPACE...Space...space..ce...
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Nope ... this is Dwarf Fortress in Space:
          Aurora 6.2

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Already pledged a couple weeks ago.

Re: EVE Online... this one will actually let you, you know, FLY YOUR GODDAMNED SHIP.

Point and click to destination, no joystick suppor, turn based ship combat... really, EVE Online, I could not possibly be more disappointed in you.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I played EVE for 3 weeks with my roommate, it was kind of fun but not in a lasting way. I got ganked a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                Already pledged a couple weeks ago.

Not sure how this one slipped past my radar for so long.

So far, it looks like this game will have everything Freelancer should have had if computers had been capable of handling it. Very excited.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I played Freelancer one time then quickly gave it away.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I loved Privateer.

Freelancer was good, although a bit too railroady. Never played MP for that though.

This game does look interesting though.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                      I played Freelancer one time then quickly gave it away.
                      Big mistake. It is an excellent game.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                        This worries me because the only reason Freelancer was ever finished is because of pressure from the publisher (microsoft) to release. Now he has no publisher.

$7 million seems like it's probably enough capital to fund most of the game.
                        A private investor has promised another 10 million when the kickstarter goal was reached, so he's got some money there.

I pledged a month or so ago, it really looks good. His team will not do XPs, but add content each week. Content which has to be, you know, DISCOVERED by the players. First who discovers a system can sell the information to some kind of carthography organization or something, and can NAME the place after themselves.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                        X