No announcement yet.

Far Cry 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rifle works wonders on the heads of the redshirts, but I can't kill a ****ing buffalo with it. Right now I use a silenced Russian pistol, a bow, a silenced American sniper rifle and that small LMG from Singapore. That last one is a beauty, perfect for hunting and story missions.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Want to play Far Cry 3 the way a professional would? Then get out a notepad and jot down these invaluable tips that are in no way meant to be funny.

Situation: You need shark skins for a bigger man purse wallet.

How an amateur handles it: Wade out into shallow water, then use a machine gun to shoot at the incoming sharks.

How a pro handles it: First off, be irrationally afraid of any underwater animal in a video game since that scary eel in Super Mario 64. Try to run sharks over with a jet ski instead of shooting them. Hit one, but lose track of where its body sinks. Dive down a couple of times in vain, then swear loudly as another shark attacks you. Frantically swim back to your jet ski when you realize you can't actually use weapons while swimming, then repeat the entire process.
      I was definitely a pro my first time shark-hunting!
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

****ing heavies. I have to shoot them in the back of the head if I want a clean kill.

Comment

The heavies get worse on the second island. You need the really big sniper rifle to consistently kill them in a single headshot.

Comment

I now have all the signature weapons I need: a silenced 1911, a shotgun, an AMR and a tanto. Well, maybe a signature LMG would be nice. I still use my weaker sniper rifle, though. The AMR might have more power, but the sneaky bonus for liberating outposts is just too good. I guess I should use it for story missions. I'm still doing Mel Gibson's missions on the first island, though.

Comment

I'm sick of bow and arrows in FPS with modern weapons.

The game is purty. I like jumping off the hang glider and falling to my death.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
              X