Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Misérables

My penis moved.

More seriously Les Misérables is one of the truly great stories of Western Literature, that manages to make both the protagonist and antagonist deeply sympathetic. I will be seeing this movie.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

One of my favorite theatre performances. Have seen it on and off Broadway.

Hope the actors have better voices than Pierce Brosnan in Mama Mia. (Don't ask my family dragged me there.)
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
        One of my favorite theatre performances. Have seen it on and off Broadway.

Hope the actors have better voices than Pierce Brosnan in Mama Mia. (Don't ask my family dragged me there.)

Well Russel Crowe is a pretty good Baritone so I'm not too worried.
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Wait, Sacha Baron Cohen is in this movie? Wow. Didn't know he did any sort of dramatic acting.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            Wait, Sacha Baron Cohen?

Yeah, he's the Innkeeper.

Which, really, is an inspired choice.

Comment

Keeping up the Navy stereotypes.

But seriously, I like Less Miss too.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Wolverine playing Jean Valjean ... that could be the awesomest or worst thing ever ...

Comment

Looks to be epic.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    Wait, Sacha Baron Cohen is in this movie? Wow. Didn't know he did any sort of dramatic acting.
                    You must have missed "Sweeney Todd" and "Hugo", but he won't be really doing much dramatic acting in this movie as the Thenardiers are mostly there for comedic effect.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                        Wolverine playing Jean Valjean ... that could be the awesomest or worst thing ever ...
                        Hugh Jackman actually started out in musical theater.

I'm psyched for this, I've never seen a professional stge performance of Les Miserables. I have CDs of the music and I've seen videos of repertoires of the music, it's one of my favorites. AFAIK there's never been a filmed version of this musical. I've waited for a long time.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                          Hugh Jackman actually started out in musical theater.
                          Wolverine vs GLADIATOR!

Comment

I am a fan of musicals and suspect I'll see this several times. I've seen the stage version three times. I only hope they don't get it wrong like Madonna's Evita.
                            Last edited by Uncle Sparky; November 30, 2012, 10:58.
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I guess this is where I admit I've seen Les Mis on stage 16 times since I was a teen. It makes you gay.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X