Castro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castro

Wow, just been reading a book about the Kennedy assassination that also mentions how Kennedy and Khrushchev were in private communication before and after the Cuban Missile Crisis, but also that Castro and Kennedy had begun to talk with the idea of reconciling US/Cuban issues. This is a quote from Castro sent to LBJ after JFK's murder.

Originally posted by Fidel Castro
    " Tell the President ( and I cannot stress this too strongly) that I seriously hope that Cuba and the United States can eventually sit down in an atmosphere of good will and of mutual respect and negotiate our differences. I
    believe that there are no areas of contention between us that cannot be discussed and settled in a climate of mutual understanding. But first, of course, it is necessary to discuss our differences. I now believe that this hostility between Cuba and the United States is both unnatural and unnecessaryand it can be eliminated. . . Tell the President I realize fully the need for absolute secrecy, if he should decide to continue the Kennedy approach. I revealed nothing at that time. . . I have revealed nothing since. . . I would reveal nothing now. "

"If the President feels it necessary during the campaign to make bellicose statements about Cuba or even to take some hostile action-if he will inform me, unofficially, that a specific action is required because of domestic political considerations, I shall understand and not take any serious retaliatory action."
    Is it common knowledge that this was happening as far back as 1963?! I'm feeling pretty blown away by it to be honest.

First I've heard of it. Blown away fits.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
    X