Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan 1 step away from destroying the used panty vending machine market

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1201110

First mens underwear, next come the panties.

Odor-eliminating pants are hot seller in Japan; Undergarments disguise smell of flatulence, body odor
    The company's range has now expanded to 22 items, including socks that prevent feet from smelling and t-shirts that mask the whiff of sweaty armpits.

Underpants which are claimed to neutralise the smell of flatulence are proving a hit in Japan, whose hard-working businessmen seem to like the idea of breaking wind without getting caught.

A Japanese textile company has developed a range of underwear which it says prevent unwelcome odors.

"It took us a few years to develop the first deodorant pants that are comfortable enough to wear in daily life but efficient in quickly eliminating strong smells," said Nami Yoshida, a spokeswoman for the company, Seiren.

"At first we thought about selling them to those who require nursing care and to hospitals.

"But to our surprise, lots of ordinary people, like businessmen who are in positions that require them to see people on a daily basis, bought them," she said.

The underwear is manufactured with niff-absorbing ceramic particles in the material fibres.

Seiren developed the technology after being contacted by a doctor who wanted something to disguise the regular parps emitted by people suffering from irritable bowel syndrome.

The company's range has now expanded to 22 items, including socks that prevent feet from smelling and t-shirts that mask the whiff of sweaty armpits.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Oh god, please bring these over to the US. Any collection of developers above a certain size (10?) is guaranteed to have one developer who doesn't shower regularly and/or use deodorant. Yes, I know, they probably wouldn't know they needed them, but if they become popular enough they'll just replace regular underwear/etc. and they won't be able to help it.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

This thrade iZ simply amaZing and should be sticKied for all the wonderful, life-altering information in it.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
        http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1201110

First mens underwear, next come the panties.
        My condolences.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
        X