Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Obama can be blamed for just fourteen percent of our national debt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Obama can be blamed for just fourteen percent of our national debt.

What are people's thoughts on Michael Linden's argument?

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

He's not trying hard enough.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I think the better question is how you got a masters degree, and the obvious conclusion that universities really are just handing them out. I think one's standing and success in the private sector is a much better indicator of competence and intelligence than universities. Case in point, you're vacuuming carpets for a living.

Comment

Mrfun, I think you misunderstood what he was saying. Obama is responible for 14% of the deviation from the projections the CBO made in 2001. The difference between the projected surplus and actual deficit is 11.9 trillion, 14% of that is ~1.7 trillion so with a 16 trillion national debt that gives Obama's policies the blame for ~11% of it, not 14%.

Comment

I knew a guy who bragged about having five PhDs. They were all from online schools. After he left, we all just laughed.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
            I think the better question is how you got a masters degree, and the obvious conclusion that universities really are just handing them out. I think one's standing and success in the private sector is a much better indicator of competence and intelligence than universities. Case in point, you're vacuuming carpets for a living.
            I'm currently unemployed right now, having relocated halfway across the country.

Comment

I'm not sure what that has to do with your incompetence and lack of intelligence. You got a useless masters degree and your posts have made it clear you'd never make it in the private sector. That means you are probably going to go teach courses somewhere...i.e. you are the poster child for what is wrong with the system. You will now turn around and produce equally incompetent students. Congratulations, you're one of the main problems with this country. When they can't find jobs they'll turn around and vote for more handouts.

Comment

I think one's standing and success in the private sector is a much better indicator of competence and intelligence than universities.
                So is Obama vs. Romney the exception that proves the rule or something?
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Political contests have never and will never be about competence and intelligence. It's about what you can convince people of. Obama convinced everyone that even though he has the worst economic record since Carter he's somehow better fit to continue leading. Of course, promising handouts to everyone helps a lot since the populace is becoming more and more receptive to the idea of their lives being subsidized by the government.

Comment

I'm not sure what that has to do with your incompetence and lack of intelligence. You got a useless masters degree and your posts have made it clear you'd never make it in the private sector. That means you are probably going to go teach courses somewhere...i.e. you are the poster child for what is wrong with the system. You will now turn around and produce equally incompetent students. Congratulations, you're one of the main problems with this country. When they can't find jobs they'll turn around and vote for more handouts.
                    I was replying to your assumption that I was still vacuuming carpet.

Comment

Working...
                    X