They came for the tasteless, clueless messed up hippies, and I was silent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They came for the tasteless, clueless messed up hippies, and I was silent

Maccabiah organizers announce that Olympic gold medalist Aly Raisman will compete at the summer games in Israel.

The European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg on Thursday upheld a 2009 German Supreme Court ruling that banned People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals from using photos of concentration camp inmates and other images of the Nazi genocide alongside photos of abused animals in its campaign Holocaust on your Plate. PETA has three months to appeal the ruling, according to German news reports.

Thank goodness! The world is now a safer, more sanitised place. Speechcrime is double plus ungood.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

**** PETA.

Comment

PETA are a lovable collection of adorable enviro-fascists. But rooting out that which offends in their opinions is a task that presumes the possibility and desirability of never being offended. To which I say: no thanks.
      Last edited by Zevico; November 9, 2012, 07:10.
      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

There is nothing lovable about that bunch of wankers.

As for the 'not offended' stuff, telling the Germans that they should be ok with holocaust related material is not a proposition you're likely to win for at least another few generations. How about we wait until all the people who were pushed into cattle trains, tattoo'd with numbers, experimented on by nazi scientists and watched their parents, brothers, sisters and children be tortured and murdered actually peacefully die off before we start worrying about **** like this. If you want freedom of speech issues to complain about, there's an awful lot more important ones in the world before we need to start losing sleep over PETA's right to hurt elderly Jewish holocaust survivors.

Comment

You are wrong kentonio. They like to take out ads with almost-naked actresses.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

There is nothing lovable about that bunch of wankers.

Where is your sense of humour?

Rabbi Altmann and his secretary were sitting in a coffeehouse in Berlin in 1935. "Herr Altmann," said his secretary, "I notice you're reading Der Stürmer! I can't understand why. A Nazi libel sheet! Are you some kind of masochist, or, God forbid, a self-hating Jew?"
            "On the contrary, Frau Epstein. When I used to read the Jewish papers, all I learned about were pogroms, riots in Palestine, and assimilation in America. But now that I read Der Stürmer, I see so much more: that the Jews control all the banks, that we dominate in the arts, and that we're on the verge of taking over the entire world. You know – it makes me feel a whole lot better!"

Comment

I freely admit that my own effort at injecting humour into PETA was unsuccessful, but they're such a humourless bunch it can't be too hard.

Springtime for Bambi and Dumbo;
              Willie is free once more;
              Gaia is happy and gay!
              We're trotting at a faster pace
              Watch out! Here comes the animal race!

Anyhow, the State is not here to mother us and repair our hurt feelings, kentonio. Everyone gets offended by something. Talk of idolatry offends deists. Talk of deism offends pagans. Either we all offend one another freely, or we risk being next on the menu. Anyhow, as part of the Australian larrikin culture I'm deeply offended by people who slander free speech. Ergo you've offended my culture by calling for bans on offensive speech of any kind. Apologise or face trial!
              Last edited by Zevico; November 9, 2012, 08:26.

Comment

The Germans don't give a **** about your opinion, or mine. You should however feel free to go draw some Swastikas at various points around Berlin to make your point. I'm sure they'll be happy to have a reasoned discussion with you.

Comment

I don't really care too much about what they do in Germany but I wouldn't want to ban PETA's ads here. Partly because I like free speech and people being able to say what they want, however outrageous, partly because I like seeing the sexualized PETA ads.

Comment

I will never get why some people think bullying is the height of free speech. Oh yes it's crucial to our society that gay people get put in there place but ill be damned if the pirate bay isnt shut down.

Comment

The pirate bay is a website for theft of intellectual property.

We should not let the government be in the business of deciding who can speak and who can't.

Comment

hmm, how do i copyright ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico View Post
                          http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/Jew...aspx?id=291084

The European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg on Thursday upheld a 2009 German Supreme Court ruling that banned People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals from using photos of concentration camp inmates and other images of the Nazi genocide alongside photos of abused animals in its campaign Holocaust on your Plate. PETA has three months to appeal the ruling, according to German news reports.

Thank goodness! The world is now a safer, more sanitised place. Speechcrime is double plus ungood.
                          Don't you think comparing laws against public obscenity to 1984 is a little over-the-top?

Comment

Obama won. Doesn't that mean Zevico crawls back into his hole for another four years?
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Obama's been president for four years and Zevico has posted here the whole time. Besides, there's an Australian federal election coming up next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X