To Those of You Who Donated Money to the Romney Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Those of You Who Donated Money to the Romney Campaign

Do you feel that the money was well spent (by you and by Romney)?

Has affected your likelihood to donate to future republican presidential candidates?

Do you wish that you had donated more or less?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

And would you be okay if the Mormon church in Salt Lake city enrolled you in their Doomsday book off your receipt?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

IVE NEVER FELT SO ALONE. I DONATED MORE THAN WAS ALLOWED BY LAW AND ID DO IT AGAIN IF IT MEANT SOMEONE WOULD PAY ENOUGH ATTENTION TO ARREST ME

Comment

I think the millionaires and billionaires who donated to Karl Rove's SuperPac Crossroads GPS should REALLY be pissed off. Republicans lost almost every race that was targeted.
        Last edited by Boris Godunov; November 7, 2012, 23:17.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

They are reportedly furious. Which is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
            Do you feel that the money was well spent (by you and by Romney)?
            Yes. Giving money to the campaign of the free-market-oriented candidate is a highly effective form of charity.

I do think Romney should have spent more money sooner in key states.

Has affected your likelihood to donate to future republican presidential candidates?

I've updated my beliefs somewhat about the effectiveness of campaign spending. It looks like they hit diminishing marginal returns at a certain point.

Do you wish that you had donated more or less?
            Not particularly. It's similar to voting - you alone are never going to tip an individual election, but it's your duty to fight for what's best for the world, and over the long term, you and others like you can make a difference.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Well-said, Jaguar.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If they had just given every American $75 for their vote (avg per eligible voter I randomly read somewhere this morning) and promised not to barrage them with TV time and robocalls, those returns would not have diminished.

Banner year for advertising revenues though.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Rupert may close Foxnews - that's gotta be a money pit - failed, laughably

Last edited by Alexander's Horse; November 8, 2012, 03:14.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                  X