• Show
Clear All

• Got blood work done

Triglycerides: 31 mg/dL
    Total Cholesterol: 129 mg/dL
    HDL: 73 mg/dL
    LDL: 50 mg/dL

Glucose: 93 mg/dL

I'm confused. Everywhere I've read to understand these readings, LDL is higher than HDL but I have the reverse
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

That means you work out too much, and eat too much fish. You need to eat more McDonalds.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
      That means you work out too much, and eat too much fish. You need to eat more McDonalds.
      I'm paleo, baby! Lots and lots of meat! Especially that good red kind!

Not understanding my borderline high glucose levels in the presence of a low carb diet, though
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Bloodwork confirms you a homo
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
          Bloodwork confirms you a homo
          Your post confirms you a homophobe

Comment

To be honest, high HDL to LDL is not that uncommon in younger guys, particularly those who do work out regularly. Your blood glucose is of nearly no predictive value in isolation; it's sort of like heart rate. You wouldn't say anything about someone's health from one heart rate measurement, unless it were totally off the charts; you'd see how it was after some exercise, then some rest, then ... etc. Same for blood glucose - you'd have to take a half dozen samples at different periods from a meal to see how you really are.

In any event, diabetes/etc. doesn't really have a lot to do with carbs in your diet; it has a lot to do with your genetics. Habits and diet come second and third.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

A friend who is a nurse, and on a low-carb, high meat and fats, organic and natural kick said this: "Glucose is fine, shows your body is doing a good job of keeping it from dropping even when fasting (something it probably couldn't do if you ate a ton of grains/sugars!)"

Obviously, I had to fast before the test but I also fast 16-20 hours on most days regularly.

I try to have as paleolithic a lifestyle as I can muster. Typically, I'll eat at night, skip breakfast, run a few miles on my lunch break or do some other exercise, and maybe eat around 2pm or not eat until after work where I'll eat meat and vegetables as exclusively as I can. Fast, 'hunt' (exercise), then eat my 'kill'! Grok-style makes healthy heart!

Comment

dp
                Last edited by Al B. Sure!; October 31, 2012, 23:58.

Comment

Why don't you do something unorthodox and ask your doctor to explain?
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    Why don't you do something unorthodox and ask your doctor to explain?
                    Guynemer? Dr. Strangelove?

Comment

So you had your blood work done via PM?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        Your post confirms you a homophobe
                        Please child, I am more gay friendly than a Divine song.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                        X