No announcement yet.

Correlation of political leanng to charitable donations: the apolyton edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correlation of political leanng to charitable donations: the apolyton edition

Two-part poll: what are your political leanings, and what percentage of your take-home income do you donate to charity. Use your own definitions of left/right/center, and of what constitutes a charitable donation, although for purposes of this poll non-monetary donations don't count. If you somehow manage to donate more than 100% of your take-home income to charity then use 100% as your answer. If you have weird income and you're not sure if it qualifies for purposes of this poll ("do the tips I earn as an erotic circus clown qualify as income?") then yes, it qualifies as income, and you should consider finding a less-weird job.
    left-wing: 0%
    10.53%
    left-wing: (0, 5]%
    15.79%
    left-wing: (5, 10]%
    10.53%
    left-wing: (10, 15]%
    0.00%
    left-wing: (15, 20]%
    0.00%
    left-wing: (20, 25]%
    0.00%
    left-wing: (25, 100]%
    5.26%
    centrist: 0%
    10.53%
    centrist: (0, 5]%
    0.00%
    centrist: (5, 10]%
    5.26%
    centrist: (10, 15]%
    10.53%
    centrist: (15, 20]%
    0.00%
    centrist: (20, 25]%
    0.00%
    centrist: (25, 100]%
    0.00%
    right-wing: 0%
    10.53%
    right-wing: (0, 5]%
    5.26%
    right-wing: (5, 10]%
    0.00%
    right-wing: (10, 15]%
    5.26%
    right-wing: (15, 20]%
    0.00%
    right-wing: (20, 25]%
    10.53%
    right-wing: (25, 100]%
    0.00%
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Right now I am not donating as much as I would like, with a goal of 5% each month and often less.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

centrist: (10, 15]%
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

If I had a take home pay I would probably donate 5%, my dad I think donates something like 15% to various things. That's 15% after tax. It might actually be more, I'm not sure.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Pretty sure my take-home income is negative right now, so I don't know how to answer. I gave five bucks to an animal shelter so I guess I gave a negative percentage to charity.

Comment

I haven't given anything to actual charities the last 4 years or so, and don't see anything I do here as charity.

Slightly left of center overall, with quite a few offsetting (left and right, sometimes other) positions that can be rather extreme.

So centrist 0%

Comment

I don't donate jack **** to charity because I don't have enough money to reasonably do so.

Comment

Maybe you should do your drinking and eating at places like the VFW, American Legion, Elks, whatever. Tax deductible.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Depends. First, my income varies quite a bit from year to year. Second, most of my current donations include political party donations and non monitary (but non labour) tax deductable gifts. Finally, some of my income often derives from NPOs and artist run co-ops, which is frequently is donated back.
                    So, I am a lefty who gives quite a bit, quite often.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                      Pretty sure my take-home income is negative right now, so I don't know how to answer. I gave five bucks to an animal shelter so I guess I gave a negative percentage to charity.
                      My take-home income (after minimum bill payments/etc) is pretty close to 0, which is why my goal is 5% and not 10 or 15%.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                        ... for purposes of this poll non-monetary donations don't count.
                        Too bad. My pro bono work is a good portion of my charity.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Do donations to Scott Walker and Mitt Romney count?
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Oh, lol, also, pro-life groups.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                              Oh, lol, also, pro-life groups.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                              X