No announcement yet.

I Just Early Voted, Using Only My Texas Driver's License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a client cancel a meeting at the last minute today, so I went out and voted.
    Thus creating some extra time on my schedule next Tuesday.

Procedure: They asked for my ID (driver's license), then quizzed me on my address (??). These things were new.
    The rest was the same as in the past: sign for your ballot, judge compares your signature to the one on file. Only then do you get your ballot.

We use a paper ballot, completed with a designated black marker (fill in the ovals, like on a multiple choice test). You then bring your completed ballot over to the designated machine for your precinct and feed it in (not unlike a paper feeder for a typical printer). There's a readout showing the total number of ballots cast; you can watch the number go +1.
    Last edited by -Jrabbit; October 30, 2012, 19:10.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Thank you for sharing the methodology. That is very similar to our municipal elections.
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I just hope I don't bring the wrong driver's license again. While it's easy enough to explain away and you can still vote, it creates an unwanted hassle.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Aren't you in Chicago? Vote fraud capital of the country?

Comment

Lake County, IL. I'm just north of the Cook County line, about 30 miles from the heart of downtown Chicago.

Lake County is generally well-to-do and skews GOP (like all the collar counties), but with a fairly strong green/eco-faction.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              Aren't you in Chicago? Vote fraud capital of the country?
              That's Ming and Rah.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
                Yeah it's the Obama voters that are too stupid to get an ID.
                Mainly the ones trying to vote illegally.

Comment

I think we should burn slowwie alive. Obviously he is a criminal who deserves it.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You can try.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

now go and vote with your Arizona licence
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        I think we should burn slowwie alive. Obviously he is a criminal who deserves it.
                        Wait, what?!
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                          This may be an attempt at a joke/sarcasm that's gone really terribly wrong, but as it stands it's really not acceptable.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Mingapulco!
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                            X