Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
    Remember this?

Now point me to the plane brought down by a Barrett.

Birds 1, Barretts 0
    So the only things that CAN happen are things that have happened. Awesome

I can't believe I have three of you retards just digging yourselves deeper.

Well, DD hasn't posted in a while. Maybe he wised up. Not likely, but possible.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
      A DHL plane survived one of these in Iraq and landed safely at an airport with no injuries:

The Soviets made millions of these and sent them everywhere, including Latin America.

Such a plane would also survive an explosive charge about 1/8th the size (maybe less) which doesn't have a proximity fuze, and would DEFINITELY survive a .50 cal KE bullet with no explosive charge.

People have survived getting shot in the head. Does that mean that's safe?

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Your argument is "Here's an incredibly ineffective way of shooting down planes, that has never been successfully employed. Let's wipe our asses with the Constitution in an effort to protect ourselves from an imaginary threat."
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• this thread deserves 5 stars
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
            So your argument is now.... terrorists won't do it because they are super smart and will always try the most effective strategy?

You know we had a guy try to take down a plane with a shoe bomb, right?

And an underwear bomb.

stayed aloft for A WHOLE ****ING HOUR after being hit with a Mach 2 missile that's 4 meters long and has an 88 pound warhead.

A .50 cal won't do **** to a plane.

Comment

Your argument is "Here's an incredibly ineffective way of shooting down planes, that has never been successfully employed. Let's wipe our asses with the Constitution in an effort to protect ourselves from an imaginary threat."
              uhm haha no

My argument is: shooting at planes is dangerous.

Regardless of the likelihood of a particular attack being successful, we should probably make sure it doesn't happen.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAL-007

stayed aloft for A WHOLE ****ING HOUR after being hit with a Mach 2 missile that's 4 meters long and has an 88 pound warhead.

A .50 cal won't do **** to a plane.
                because reg says so

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

So the only things that CAN happen are things that have happened.
                  That's absolutely not what I said.

I said, "A plane is more likely to be downed by a flock of birds than a Barrett."

Again, you are either illiterate or a liar.

Comment

• Congresswoman Gabby Giffords survived being shot in the head.

Therefore, being shot in the head is absolutely safe.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That's absolutely not what I said.

I said, "A plane is more likely to be downed by a flock of birds than a Barrett."

Again, you are either illiterate or a liar.
                      You seem to think just because something is unlikely that it can't happen.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

uhm haha no

My argument is: shooting at planes is dangerous.

Regardless of the likelihood of a particular attack being successful, we should probably make sure it doesn't happen.
                        How dangerous? How do you measure danger? Is it more dangerous than something else? Nobody here has said that it is impossible to down a plane with a .50 BMG rifle, just that it is extremely unlikely. As in, so unlikely that nobody has ever done it, and no military bothers trying it.

Comment

• This is more like, Congresswoman Gabby Giffords survived being gibbed by an RPG, therefore being hit with an airsoft gun is perfectly safe.

Comment

Nobody here has said that it is impossible to down a plane with a .50 BMG rifle
                            /points to reg
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This is more like, Congresswoman Gabby Giffords survived being gibbed by an RPG, therefore being hit with an airsoft gun is perfectly safe.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• And I stand by that. You'd have to be Jesus to do it. Do you have any idea how hard it is to hit a target moving at 300 ****ing miles per hour? Moving across your field of vision and toward/away from you, from a mile, with a puny rifle, AND that target is only a few meters wide? And you have to hit multiple such targets in tops 15 seconds?

Nobody can do that, that's superhuman. And if you can do that with a .50 cal, you can do that with a .338 which is better at LR anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X