Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want fo force my morel values onto everyone else

We should all be fun guys.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Ah, Apolyton never changes. Mostly that's a bad thing - one glance at the forum index reminds me why I never used to post in the OTF - but Uncle Sparky posts are always worth the bandwidth.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
      Ah, Apolyton never changes.
      Au contraire:

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.
      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

I want to force my morel values onto everyone else

do this daily.
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

NM. I was thinking you were someone else.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm happy to go with Uncle Sparky's values, or Sloww's for that matter...

What I want to know is, why is Mr Fun so hopelessly, well, funless?
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

MrFun is the funnest poster on this site.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I believe everyone should have morels. I like to melt a little butter, brown the morels in the butter, salt & pepper to taste. Simple but delicious.

This reminds me I need to renew my membership with the local mycological society so I can go on their mushroom hunts this fall.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Be sure to taste test a small amount first. Some morels may contain a small amount of hydrazine.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Toxic False Morels are one of plausible explanations for evil, evil, Finns

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I like morels, but also trompettes de la mort- very good with scrambled eggs.

A common woodland mushroom, so-named because it grows in the shape of a long horn or funnel. It is also known as 'black trumpet' and 'trompette de la mort' (literally 'trumpet of death'). It has a fluted edge and dark gills and is very dark brown, almost black in colour. It looks and tastes like a dark version of the chanterelle mushroom.
                      A common woodland mushroom, so-named because it grows in the shape of a long horn or funnel. It is also known as 'black trumpet' and 'trompette de la mort' (literally 'trumpet of death'). It has a fluted edge and dark gills and is very dark brown, almost black in colour. It looks and tastes like a dark version of the chanterelle mushroom.

I bought mine dried, then used the liquor from the soaking in a mushroom risotto. Also, loves me some grilled Portobello musrooms with goat's cheese and herbs, and some garlic butter...

Click image for larger version

Name:	trompettes-de-mort_2343379b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	9093995
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I'm glad that many of you have a taste for morels. Fungi for fun guys.
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                          Be sure to taste test a small amount first. Some morels may contain a small amount of hydrazine.
                          Are you sure you are not talking about false morels? Of course even false morels, which are deadly poisonous (I'm thinking of the brain mushroom here), can be eaten if properly cooked. I've never done it though because the whole "What if I didn't cook it long enough?" thing scared me but supposedly it is safe though you do have to make sure not to breath in even the fumes of the cooking false morels as even the fumes can poison you until the poison has all evaporated. The old mushroom trick was to put a quarter in the pan with the mushrooms but that was back in the 1930's when a quarter was actually made out of silver or something so it doesn't work for newer post ww2 quarters.

If you put the silver in the pan and the silver changes colors then the mushrooms are poisonous but if the silver stays bright then they're safe to eat.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

That sounds like folklore. How does the chemistry work?
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Just finished an excellent little book by Gail Bell about a supposed double poisoning in the family:

It contains excellent diversions on poisonings deliberate and accidental and which foods may contain what amounts of cyanide... and how to disguise the bitter taste of arsenic.
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                              X