2012 Nobel Peace Prize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Nobel Peace Prize

So, I realize the prize has gone downhill since they gave it to Obama...and Al Gore...and Yasir Arafat...and Henry Kissinger...

But the European Union? Really? This isn't some sort of elaborate gag? Is there anyone not on the committee who actually thinks this was a good idea?
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Comment

They need the prize money to bail out Greece
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

At least they haven't pulled a "Person of the Year" and given it to everyone on the Internet yet.

Comment

Henry Kissinger wasn't a bad choice.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              At least they haven't pulled a "Person of the Year" and given it to everyone on the Internet yet.
              HC would only take issue with that if it included Democrats.

Like HC, I'm livid they haven't given it to Bush yet.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The Nobel prize has lost all credibility, hey - they should give it to Lance Armstrong next year
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

It speaks volumes about the recent history of the Nobel Peace Prize that it's just been awarded to an organisation founded on notions of ending a tradition of war among its members stretching back over time immemorial, which has succeeded in doing just that over 60+ years (an unprecedented duration of peace), and people are surprised by it.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

The European Union didn't prevent war. The threat of invasion by the Soviet Union, and the massive curbstomping of Germany by the United States and the Soviet Union in World War II prevented that.

The European Union is an undemocratic waste of everyone's time and money.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                      The European Union didn't prevent war. The threat of invasion by the Soviet Union, and the massive curbstomping of Germany by the United States and the Soviet Union in World War II prevented that.

The European Union is an undemocratic waste of everyone's time and money.
                      Precisely.
                      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                        Henry Kissinger wasn't a bad choice.
                        True. Think of all the extra Cambodians Pol Pot would have had to kill if it wasn't for Kissinger's good work.
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                          It speaks volumes about the recent history of the Nobel Peace Prize that it's just been awarded to an organisation founded on notions of ending a tradition of war among its members stretching back over time immemorial, which has succeeded in doing just that over 60+ years (an unprecedented duration of peace), and people are surprised by it.
                          where have i heard this sort of reasoning before...

Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol is working like a charm!
                          Lisa: That’s specious reasoning, dad. By your logic, I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.
                          Homer: Hmm; how does it work?
                          Lisa: It doesn’t work; it’s just a stupid rock!
                          Homer: Uh-huh.
                          Lisa: … but I don’t see any tigers around, do you?
                          Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock…
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                            True. Think of all the extra Cambodians Pol Pot would have had to kill if it wasn't for Kissinger's good work.
                            QFT

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                              Also QFT

Comment

Working...
                              X