Things to do in New York at Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do in New York at Christmas

I'm in New York City for about a week (15th - 20th) before I head to Connecticut for Christmas with the family. Need some suggestions for some good places to visit, particularly of an evening - bars, restaurants and the rest.

What do you good folks recommend?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

I know a few things to do in Denver when you are dead.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

There are whole books full of such recommendations. It might help if you tell us what sort of food, bars, and entertainment interest you. Will you be traveling alone or with a wife and kids, etc...
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You're going to the crappy part of New York

Comment

New York City is the butthole of the ass that is New York.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Things to do:

1. Go to Penn Station
            2. Get a ticket on Amtrak
            3. Leave NYC
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
              New York City is the butthole of the ass that is New York.

ACK!
              That's right!

Come to Rochester! Slogan: As ****ty as it may be, it's better than NYC!

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                That's right!

Utah, my home state, has a similar slogan: At least we ain't Wyoming!

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                  Utah, my home state, has a similar slogan: At least we ain't Wyoming!

ACK!
                  I've been to Utah once and I actually thought it was kinda nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    Things to do:

1. Go to Penn Station
                    2. Get a ticket on Amtrak
                    3. Leave NYC
                    I will go to Grand Central, buy a ticket and got to Connecticut.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      There are whole books full of such recommendations. It might help if you tell us what sort of food, bars, and entertainment interest you. Will you be traveling alone or with a wife and kids, etc...
                      Anything. I'm interested in knowing anything that isn't book advertised, per se. Places that people have been and thought "Oh, that place is nice". Personal recommendations from your own esoteric point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                        That's right!

I would probably go to Rochester at some point if you can get a ferry across the lake from Toronto and I lose my senses. Or I have to visit my sister-in-law.

Comment

Oh, and Provost Harrison has contrived to be in NYC for a few days as well at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                            I would probably go to Rochester at some point if you can get a ferry across the lake from Toronto and I lose my senses. Or I have to visit my sister-in-law.
                            Tell me if you do. There's a very good restaurant in town called Sticky Lips BBQ.

Although at Christmastime I am liable to be out of town.

Oh, and Provost Harrison has contrived to be in NYC for a few days as well at the same time.
                            I'm probably going to be in NYC at some point in December, before Christmas.

If you want to get to Rochester from Toronto the best way is driving. Also, if I recall correctly, flights are actually really cheap. But yeah it's only a 3 hour drive or so, barring difficulty on the border.

Comment

Working...
                            X