Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we all agree that Romney is a better person than Obama?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    Some politicians really are more trust worthy than others.
    But nobody trusts them so they lose. Like Carter.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Obama generally wins in likability polls whether the person would vote for him or not. I think a lot of it has to do with the image of Romney as a sour little toady who will say anything to win. That said, I do believe that both Romney and Obama are moral people at their core.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

People hate those morally better than them. It makes them feel inadequate so they hate. Look at Tim Tebow. People think there's something wrong with someone in the head if they don't have premarital sex, don't drink, or don't engage in other traditionally immoral behavior.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          People hate those morally better than them. It makes them feel inadequate so they hate. Look at Tim Tebow. People think there's something wrong with someone in the head if they don't have premarital sex, don't drink, or don't engage in other traditionally immoral behavior.
          There is something wrong in the head with anyone who bases their life on "traditional" morality.

Also, what do we mean by traditional? Should Mitt Romney be considered a usurer and a heretic who should be denied a Christian burial?

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

Romney was a bully in school. I don't hate him because he's better than me.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

President Barack Obama’s most dangerous opponent in the trio of upcoming presidential debates isn’t Mitt Romney.

It’s himself.

The president has been working on blunting his barbs nearly as much as he’s been trying to sharpen his policy responses in closed-door sessions led by his senior campaign adviser David Axelrod, former White House communications director Anita Dunn and Democratic debate guru Ron Klain, according to Democrats close to the president.

Obama is an experienced debater but an inconsistent performer who is years out of practice, capable of projecting a calm, commanding image — or appearing bored, testy or condescending enough to snark out the unforgettable “You’re likeable enough, Hillary” crack four years ago.

The debates didn’t sink him in 2008 — they were probably a net plus taken as a whole, his staffers believe — but this time around Obama’s bedrock political asset is his likeability and capacity to bond with middle-class voters. Hence the unwritten rule in debate prep sessions against Sen. John Kerry, Romney’s stand-in: Hold your ground, but no more sneers.

“This is not a guy who can hide his contempt, and the only thing that can really hurt is if he’s smug and thinks he’s got this in the bag,” said a Democrat close to the Obama campaign, echoing the sentiments of several other aides and advisers heading into Wednesday’s inaugural debate against Romney at the University of Denver. ...

The stakes are even higher this time. So, unfortunately for the president’s team, is Obama’s level of contempt for his opponent — his feeling for the Massachusetts governor borders on disdain. Team Obama has faith in their candidate’s discipline, but there are concerns his attitude could lead to another Al Gore eye-rolling or George H.W. Bush watch-peering episode.

“He can’t be a bigger d—k than Romney,” summed up the Democratic insider, familiar with the preparations.

Obama vs. Obama at debates

Comment

I'd forgotten all about this...

MSNBC Suspends Mark Halperin For Calling President Obama A ‘Dick’ On Morning Joe

Comment

He apologized for the wrong thing. It was funny.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Al Gore not only rolled his eyes, but he sighed.

HE FVCKIN' SIGHED!!
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                    X