No announcement yet.

Circumlocution, no longer maintaining prior mental framework pertaining thereto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circumlocution, no longer maintaining prior mental framework pertaining thereto

In certain periods of time prior to that immediately between what we call "past" and "future," I have not failed to conceptualize a certain level of non-acceptance regarding a particular habit found in the writing or speech of peoples from North America and islands in the Northwest of Europe. To wit, I have declined to appreciate the use of linguistic phoneme compounds in excess of the amount generally preferred to express concepts and desires to other beings of the species H. sapiens. At points less distant from the present than the period previously mentioned, however, my perspective on the desirable stance to be held on this matter was altered.

I would be interested to receive further information regarding the opinions held by members of this community.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Circumlocution:
    Discuss.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Has my present conversational companion considered what may or may not be the rather severe ramifications imposed by the limitations on accepted forms of content that are inherent to the communication medium known by the onomatopoeic name that bears resemblance to the auditory emanations of certain avian species?
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Please link to the site that turns one-liners into these

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          Has my present conversational companion considered what may or may not be the rather severe ramifications imposed by the limitations on accepted forms of content that are inherent to the communication medium known by the onomatopoeic name that bears resemblance to the auditory emanations of certain avian species?
          As a devoted adherent to the expressive framework employed by Chaucer and Shakespeare, I decline to bestow the fruits of my excretory functions with regard to the electronic service mentioned above. Indeed, I strongly suggest that individuals who habitually take part in the utterance of online restricted-character meme exchange consider engaging instead in autonomous acts of recursive copulation.
          1011 1100

Comment

On a related note, I'm calling "engage in autonomous acts of recursive copulation" as a catchphrase.
            1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              As a devoted adherent to the expressive framework employed by Chaucer and Shakespeare, I decline to bestow the fruits of my excretory functions with regard to the electronic service mentioned above. Indeed, I strongly suggest that individuals who habitually take part in the utterance of online restricted-character meme exchange consider engaging instead in autonomous acts of recursive copulation.
              Inasmuch as recursive copulation is impossible for those individuals, or at the very least the preponderance thereof, and inasmuch as it is a crude and unbecoming subject for gentlemen (a group to which you belong, at least in my humble estimation), and given the aforementioned esteem in which you hold Shakespeare, may I suggest that you bite your thumb at said individuals instead?
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

"What, with my tongue in your tail? Come again, good Kate, I am a gentleman."

Shakespeare would have been all about the recursive copulation, especially for the whoreson zeds who use Twitter.

(sorry, too lazy to roundabout this, plus Laz is awake now and needs attention)
                1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  ...plus Laz is awake now and needs attention)
                  It took me a second to remember that Laz is a real live human being and not just an Apolyton poster.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

This thread makes me think of Humphrey Appleby.

The identity of the official whose alleged responsibility for this hypothetical oversight has been the subject of recent discussion is not shrouded in quite such impenetrable obscurity as certain previous disclosures may have led you to assume; but not to put too fine a point on it, the individual in question is, it may surprise you to learn, one whom your present interlocutor is in the habit of defining by means of the perpendicular pronoun. -- Sir Humphrey Appleby

I wonder if I might crave your momentary indulgence in order to discharge a by-no-means disagreeable obligation which has, over the years, become more or less established practice within government circles as we approach the terminal period of the calendar year, of course, not financial. In fact, not to put too fine a point on it, Week Fifty-One and submit to you, with all appropriate deference, for your consideration at a convenient juncture, a sincere and sanguine expectation -- indeed confidence, indeed one might go so far as to say hope -- that the aforementioned period may be, at the end of the day, when all relevant factors have been taken into consideration, susceptible to being deemed to be such as to merit a final verdict of having been by no means unsatisfactory in its overall outcome and, in the final analysis, to give grounds for being judged, on mature reflection, to have been conducive to generating a degree of gratification which will be seen in retrospect to have been significantly higher than the general average. -- Sir Humphrey Appleby
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                    X