Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behold, The Man with No Enemies

Behold Obama, the man with no enemies.

"The entire subtext of Obama’s outreach narratives (made explicitly in his al Arabiyainterview) is that his own unique pedigree and worldview have exempted him from American pathologies and thus culpability for them. In the alternate brain chemistry of the Obamites, there is no contradiction between worldwide Islamist vows to kill our diplomats or burn embassies and Obama’s much-vaunted boasts of restoring American popularity abroad. The derangement goes like this: those who hate America are mistakenly still mad at the old Bush America and have not yet evolved to duly appreciate the new Obama America. In other words, the vestiges of right-wing extremism still confuses those abroad, who have not yet caught on that America is on their side.
    In the present case, bewildered press secretary Tim Carney essentially said just that: that when protestors burn flags, kill Americans, and destroy icons of American power, they aren’t really mad at us, Obama, the White House, or American foreign policy. Instead, they are just confused over disgusting Terry Jones and a reprehensible handful of Copts:

We also need to understand that this is a fairly volatile situation and it is in response not to United States policy, and not to, obviously, the administration, or the American people, but it is in response to a video, a film that we have judged to be reprehensible and disgusting. That in no way justifies any violent reaction to it,but this is not a case of protests directed at the United States writ large or at U.S. policy, this is in response to a video that is offensive to Muslims.

“Not…directed at the United States” — perhaps tell that to Ambassador Stevens as he suffocated to death."

May we all evolve to be sufficiently like the One.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Huh? I thought this thread was about me?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Run while you can, AH.

Zevico has a thing for beating dead horses.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
        Run while you can, AH.

Zevico has a thing for beating dead horses.
        That was rather well timed.
        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

I'm a clever mother****er.

That's right, I'm a doctor, I'm a comedian, and I'm damned good looking. I'm what they call a "triple threat".
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

trifecta.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Nice, SB, very nice.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

That's right, I'm a father, I'm a comedian, and I'm damned good looking. I'm what they call a "triple threat.
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

This is some stupid **** even for you Zev.

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post

That's right, I'm a father, I'm a comedian, and I'm damned good looking. I'm what they call a "triple threat.
                    Maybe you can parlay that into a career...

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

What is this don't get it.

Comment

Are you suggesting Obama is an ecce homo?
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                        X