Ahh, the single life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh, the single life.

I'm sitting here eating crappy Chinese take out, getting drunk on locally made beer, looking at the hardwood floors I hate but which my ex made me buy, and feeling bitter about life. The whole weekend has been about like this. It's rather sad and pathetic.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

To top it off I'm not even getting laid. Life sucks though maybe a vacation might make me feel better or at least forget about how much I hate my life right now.

Comment

Locally made beer? You idiot

Comment

There are some 80 local breweries, many award wining in national contests, but I suppose you are right. Reg-**** thinks it is never good to buy local so therefore I should avoid local producers even when they have an obvious natural advantage (like growing fruits or veggies in a climate where they grow best year round).

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          I'm sitting here eating crappy Chinese take out, getting drunk on locally made beer, looking at the hardwood floors I hate but which my ex made me buy, and feeling bitter about life. The whole weekend has been about like this. It's rather sad and pathetic.
          How long have you been single?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that Oerdin
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              How long have you been single?
              It's been in the process for several months though really only truly "real" for the last two months. I feel pathetic to be in my mid 30's and have a relationship I thought was going towards marriage fall apart. Then I thought it would be amicable, then I thought maybe we might work through it, and now she apparently has gotten a new wind under her sails and has moved in with her new boyfriend. I know this too shall pass but it's not feeling so great right now especially since she was unemployed for the last two years and I was the sole bread winner paying for everything and a bit of gratitude would be nice. I mean coming over just to argue about house plants and home furnishings when I paid for both? Especially since she moved out and abandoned both? WTF?

I told her to take them, I don't care, and I'll just buy new ones, I can afford it, but part of me wants to tell her to f' off and get her new boy toy to buy her this ****.

Comment

Sorry to hear, but welcome back, you've been missed.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Thanks, man. You've always been nicer to me than I deserved.

Comment

The tradition with ex's furniture and other crap they leave you you don't want to keep is to move it to the curb. If you want to be nice about it, let her know its there, once you move it out.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

It's been in the process for several months though really only truly "real" for the last two months. I feel pathetic to be in my mid 30's and have a relationship I thought was going towards marriage fall apart. Then I thought it would be amicable, then I thought maybe we might work through it, and now she apparently has gotten a new wind under her sails and has moved in with her new boyfriend. I know this too shall pass but it's not feeling so great right now especially since she was unemployed for the last two years and I was the sole bread winner paying for everything and a bit of gratitude would be nice. I mean coming over just to argue about house plants and home furnishings when I paid for both? Especially since she moved out and abandoned both? WTF?

I told her to take them, I don't care, and I'll just buy new ones, I can afford it, but part of me wants to tell her to f' off and get her new boy toy to buy her this ****.
                      That's really rough. I wish there was some advice or aphorism I could give but as a 19 year old I got nothing.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

She will have to now...

And keep your chin up. You went to rougher water already I seem to recall.
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Enjoy the single life while you can. Believe it or not, it won't last that long.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                            Enjoy the single life while you can. Believe it or not, it won't last that long.
                            True enough...

While yes, you could be feeling low and miserable, but on the other hand, you're FREE.
                            Go out, have some fun... have some meaningless but great sex. Party with the guys.
                            ENJOY SINGLE LIFE WHILE YOU CAN.

Make a positive out of this negative.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                              have some meaningless but great sex. Party with the guys.
                              I am coming to realise that literally every poster here is gay.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X