Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Democrats care about integrity, or is it a nuisance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Democrats care about integrity, or is it a nuisance?

Honest question, if they support their platform changes.

A pretty impressive debut on the convention from what I've seen so far.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

I noticed that that arab democrat wasn't too happy about the change.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I guess they're after the Ned vote
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Foreign Policy's take on the platform change:

Before...

Changes between the 2008 Democratic Party platform's language on Israel and the 2012 version were due to a deliberate effort to refocus the platform toward President Barack Obama's policies, two officials directly involved in its drafting process told The Cable.
        ...and after

Following what Obama campaign officials said was the personal intervention of President Barack Obama, the Democratic National Committee reversed itself and altered their platform Wednesday afternoon to include language identifying Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Comment

It's the god part I snicker at.

Fundies.

:snicker:
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            I noticed that that arab democrat wasn't too happy about the change.
            I guess it's not change he can believe in.

Comment

I can see the Sheldon Addelson-bought ads in Florida already...

(concerning the Israel thing obviously)

Comment

So...has this gained the Democrats any Jewish votes? Has it lost them any Muslim votes?

Comment

It's the god part I snicker at.

Fundies.

:snicker:
                  Booing even the mention of God. What are they a bunch of Philadelphians booing and throwing batteries at Santa?

Hooray for the Demonrats
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I was undecided until now. Thanks to this fiasco involving a single word in their platform, I'm totally voting for Romney.

Comment

If your doing it because it demonstrates their incompetance and lack of a backbone in letting a couple of words sidetrack them like this, good show.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                        So...has this gained the Democrats any Jewish votes? Has it lost them any Muslim votes?
                        The possibility that they were booing the mention of God could hurt Obama's relationship with Black churches (and churchgoers), I think. Though it's at least as possible the brouhaha was all over Israel.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                          The possibility that they were booing the mention of God could hurt Obama's relationship with Black churches (and churchgoers), I think. Though it's at least as possible the brouhaha was all over Israel.
                          Does it really matter? I seem to recall a figure of about 85% of folk in the USA believe in God and that about 70% favor strong support of Israel. Yay for the extremist party showing their colors.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Let's talk about the Democratic platform's official inclusion of equal marriage rights.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

The possibility that they were booing the mention of God could hurt Obama's relationship with Black churches (and churchgoers)
                              Yeah, right. The percent of blacks that voted for Obama the last time was almost 100. I doubt many of those will vote for a rich white just because of that.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X