Michelle Obama's Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    When her husband was elected and she said that was the first time she was proud of her country.
    So what? Look at all the fat freaks.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

That doesn't make ****sense, Kid.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Oh, sorry.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

So you think it's OK to legislate how people eat?
          Governments have been legislating on food standards and hygiene since at least the Middle Ages.

In England the Assize of Bread and Ale regulated the price, the weight and the quality of a loaf of bread- fairly important for your average town dweller in mediaeval times, since it was a major supplier of carbohydrates. The quality of beer was also rather important, since it supplied a healthy alternative to questionable supplies of water- and having been through the fermentation process it was a potable liquid, popular even with later monarchs like Elizabeth I.

Labelling on commonly available items in supermarkets is also thanks to government legislation- you can now know your salt, fat and sugar intake, whether a product contains gluten, or has nuts in it, or traces of shellfish.

You might not need to know those things, or even care if they are present at all, but if you're a diabetic, have high blood pressure, coeliac disease or go into anaphylactic shock if you ingest nuts, peanuts or shellfish, then those labels are kinda helpful, sorta.

It's true though that you can take a lardass to a vegan juice bar and not make them drink- but how about making them think ?
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

So you think it's OK to legislate how people eat? You think that they should take the time to even discuss it? Don't say it isn't happening, because it is.
            Educating is one thing, legislating is quite another.
            The First Lady has not been legislating anything; she's been educating. Go back and read my posts.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
              Governments have been legislating on food standards and hygiene since at least the Middle Ages.

In England the Assize of Bread and Ale regulated the price, the weight and the quality of a loaf of bread- fairly important for your average town dweller in mediaeval times, since it was a major supplier of carbohydrates. The quality of beer was also rather important, since it supplied a healthy alternative to questionable supplies of water- and having been through the fermentation process it was a potable liquid, popular even with later monarchs like Elizabeth I.

Labelling on commonly available items in supermarkets is also thanks to government legislation- you can now know your salt, fat and sugar intake, whether a product contains gluten, or has nuts in it, or traces of shellfish.

You might not need to know those things, or even care if they are present at all, but if you're a diabetic, have high blood pressure, coeliac disease or go into anaphylactic shock if you ingest nuts, peanuts or shellfish, then those labels are kinda helpful, sorta.

It's true though that you can take a lardass to a vegan juice bar and not make them drink- but how about making them think ?
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
              X