Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evacuees not coming to Houston

HOUSTON -

Harris County Judge Ed Emmett has made it clear -- any evacuees from Isaac will not be housed in Houston.

"To take people from one dangerous area and bring them to another dangerous area, another hurricane zone really doesn't make sense," said Emmett.

When hurricane Katrina hit seven years ago, tens of thousands of evacuees were loaded onto buses and brought to Houston. Many of the evacuees where housed at the Astrodome.
    Quick Clicks

Houston went on to accommodate 150,000 evacuees. According to some, the influx caused a spike in violent crime and depleted the city's social and medical services.

According to Emmett, while it was a great humanitarian gesture, evacuees will not be coming to Houston should New Orleans evacuate due to Isaac.
    LOL, lessons learned from the Katrina.

Houston sucks. Why would anyone want to go there for the duration of a tropical storm?

Comment

Because you're wrong and Houston doesn't suck. Also just about anything sucks way less than a city that is ****ing UNDERWATER.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        Houston sucks. Why would anyone want to go there for the duration of a tropical storm?
        Vietnamese food?
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

An underwater city would be pretty awesome. But there aren't any underwater cities in the US and there won't be in two days so your post is really a non sequitur.

Comment

New Orleans is at and below sea level, so you misspeak.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It's not underwater, Slowwy. Underwater and below sea level are two different concepts. Ask your helper to explain more.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'm under Mt. Everest. I don't understand why I haven't been crushed to death.

Comment

It was underwater after Katrina, which is why so many people from Louisiana left for Texas.

Comment

I assumed this thread was about the present, hence the use of present tense: "evacuees not coming to Houston".

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                      It's not underwater, Slowwy. Underwater and below sea level are two different concepts. Ask your helper to explain more.
                      Maybe you should check back a few years. Below sea level reaches underwater relatively easily. Ask your helper.
                      As far as the OP, it makes total sense. Why go from one coastal city to another?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You didn't ask your helper, did you? Poor Sloww. Can't read. I feel for you.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                        X