• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Armstrong thread

Free admission at Ohio museum to honor Armstrong
    August 27, 2012
    Associated Press

CINCINNATI (AP) — People wanting to pay their respects to Neil Armstrong and see an exhibit dedicated to his space exploit were waiting outside the doors for a Cincinnati museum to open Sunday, with more than 2,000 viewing the exhibit by the end of the day, museum officials said.

Armstrong, the first man on the moon, died Saturday in Cincinnati at 82. The Ohioan commanded the historic landing of the Apollo 11 spacecraft on the moon on July 20, 1969.

The exhibit dedicated to him at the Museum of Natural History & Science of the Cincinnati Museum Center includes a moon rock and replicas of Armstrong's Apollo 11 space suit and tools used on the moon. NASA allowed Armstrong and other astronauts to select sites for some moon rocks through its ambassadors for science program in 2006, and Armstrong chose the Cincinnati site, museum spokeswoman Elizabeth Pierce said.

The museum is offering free admission through Labor Day to honor Armstrong, and Pierce said there were people of all ages coming through Sunday to view the exhibit.

copycat
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

There are definitely no copycat threads about Armstrong on this forum

Comment

except yours
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Well, if you want to continue to present yourself as ridiculously stupid, you're perfectly welcome

Comment

I'm not copying you

Comment

Thanks for noting I'm not presenting myself as ridiculously stupid. (Or on the off chance you're using "copy" in a less common sense ... no need to state the obvious.)

Comment

English not your first language?

Comment

It would probably be best if you began using proper grammar and punctuation before trying to cop out of your game by playing the language card.

Comment

you look like that guy Brevic, deny it

Comment

As I have no idea who Brevic is, or what he looked like, I can neither confirm or deny the accusation.

Comment

lol gunman, a likely story

Comment

Working...
                        X