X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops.

Comment

Is La Rance the one in St.Malo?
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
        This is my favourite one of Moby's responses. It's in response to the issue of flood prevention.

It sounds reasonable. Until you see he's proposing the Shoots barrage. Which is further upstream, and therefore makes the downstream issues apply to even more people.

Incidentally, seeing as I live nearly 100 metres above see level my "I'm all right, Jack" senses remain pretty relaxed with both options.
        Blah, blah, blah...

Don't put words into my mouth. I'm not proposing the Shoots barrage. Not to mention the fact that because it's far smaller, the downstream issues would be less magnified anyway...

Also, building both barrages would be a dumb idea for obvious reasons!

Congratulations, by the way, of well and truly nailing your "I'm all right, Jack" colours to the mast... Oh wait, is that me putting words in your mouth?

I will respond to this properly when I have the time. Believe it or not, there are more important things in my life than hammering home what should be an obvious point in an obvious argument on some crappy forum...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
          Congratulations, by the way, of well and truly nailing your "I'm all right, Jack" colours to the mast... Oh wait, is that me putting words in your mouth?

Not at all. I genuinely do want to live on an island while all the neighbouring bits at sea level (ie- much of Cardiff, Newport and Bristol) end up underwater.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

That wasn't serious, by the way. I really don't believe the Severn barrage would pose any greater danger of flooding than other barrages such as the Thames barrage do.

When you get to the "Oooooo, we can't afford it!" part, please start your argument by going "We cannot afford the barrages (which should eventually make profit) while simultaneously replacing Trident (which won't) because.....".
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
            X