Hats off to those working on 3rd Mainland traffic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hats off to those working on 3rd Mainland traffic

It’s like music … Good music makes good listening to the human ear. With music, indulgees know that the human voice can be powerful and soothing; or it can be downright annoying. But it is not just the human voice that makes the music what it is. There is instrumentation – the guitar, the drums and others that are put together to create rhyme and rhythm in a way that is soothing to the ears. It is what makes the difference.
    If your ears chance on powerful, soothing music, especially one that has rhythm as well, your body is likely to respond by moving. That action in itself depends on whether or not your body is given to moving, because in reality, it can be stiff! And when it is stiff, then there is real trouble.But whether your body is stiff or not, you are bound to respond one way or the other when you hear good music. And it doesn’t matter the genre – our indigenous fuji, apala, afro juju, afro beat, pop, funk, jazz (try commercial George Benson, Earl Klugh, or Sadao Watanabe) – they all can have their own powerful listening effect. Nearly all indulgees who have stayed faithful to the cause know that this chief indulgee likes his music. Nay, this chief indulgee takes a special interest in music – the good, the very good; the bad, the very bad; and the ugly. Yes, ugliness is not only in how things, animals, places and persons appear. It’s alright, therefore, to say I believe that you all know that the voice can be ugly! I once told you how, in that once-upon-a-time period, when I used to be glued to the television, that a certain TV station located then at Tejuoso in Lagos (NTA Channel 7, I believe) used to draw the anger out of me with its persistent airing of the sister group known as the Sunshine Sisters! Yes, those two girls (then) murdered music with their one-liner, “How did you wake up this morning” monotony. Jeez! They were what the British A&R executive and critic, Simon Cowell, like to describe as cabaret performers. But they went on nevertheless.Now, having made the point that music can be ugly, and that music can be powerful and soothing, it is only natural to now see why people rush to tune on their radio sets to certain stations that play good music, especially if they also offer “request programmes” as well. It is also the reason why some people will request for a particular music instead of another, especially when they make such requests for their loved ones. Or would you request “How did you wake up …” for anybody you love?
    I am beginning to imagine that the DJ comes to the On-Air microphone and begins like this: “This is Radio City WBNS, broadcasting from Lasgidi City, and I am DJ Chief Indulgee on the MIC (not MIC Caskets, you with your wicked imagination – go and use it to raise WAEC pass mark from 39 percent). Caller G from Alagbado you are on the MIC, go on…”
    “Yes, I am G from Alagbado in Lagos and I want you to play the song Azonto for all those controlling traffic on the Third Mainland Bridge, because they are doing a great job.” That would be a real wow! The wow would be because the way this country has been run, the fact that we know that this country has so much, that if properly managed we all would live happily – not that there won’t be issues, as there are always issues in any society – but that we are not getting that which we all should get, makes it difficult for public officials to be trusted and therefore praised when they do good work!

A video about spam. Spam, Spam Light, Spam with Cheese. Bacon Spam. Need I say more?
    I don't know what I've been told!
    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
    Love to press the Buster Switch!
    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

The origin of SPAM.If you like this video, support Monthy Python buying their DVD.
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Huss View Post
        [COLOR=#000000]

**** you for formatting your text color to black

Comment

i got a bj from a chick named huss once
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
          X