Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread for those who are glad the Olympics are over

Normal programming should now resume
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Did anyone from the Pacific Islands win anything?
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

They got a few a good meals in and a bit of sight-seeing but that was about it.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Didn't catch a single minute of it. Not owning a tv
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          Did anyone from the Pacific Islands win anything?
          Yes.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
            glad the Olympics are over
            A sentiment shared by most Australians
            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

The Australians do pretty damn well for a country of 20 million people.

Comment

And the Kiwis do even better for a country of 4 million people. The Antipodes may not be well known for their great thinkers, but theres no argueing that they produce able bodied people

My comment was more directed to the Aussies seeming to fail by their own metric. Its not often I see Aussies humbled and gracious in defeat but that seems the posture they adopted through the games
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by alva View Post
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Normal programming should now resume
                    My wife was complaining about lack of sleep b/c that she stayed up too late to watch the Olympics (She tends to be a bit of Olympics addict). Only to find out that immediately after the Olympics were done it was "Shark week" on the Discovery Channel.
                    Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe; August 15, 2012, 09:38.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by alva View Post
                      I still saw a little bit of it in a bar/etc.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                        My wife was complaining about lack of sleep b/c that she stayed up to late to watch the Olympics (She tends to be a bit of Olympics addict). Only to find out that immediately after the Olympics were done it was "Shark week" on the Discovery Channel.
                        Clearly, they need to find a way to combine the two events. Shark Olympics.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Even if not for the olympics it could be a new element to the Ironman competitions. Grizzlies and great whites. All you need to do is run/swim faster than the next guy.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                            My wife was complaining about lack of sleep b/c that she stayed up too late to watch the Olympics (She tends to be a bit of Olympics addict). Only to find out that immediately after the Olympics were done it was "Shark week" on the Discovery Channel.
                            She's a lawyer?
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              Clearly, they need to find a way to combine the two events. Shark Olympics.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	demotivational-posters-shark-olympic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	9093678
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                              X